Pages:
Actions
  • #61 by Bar-B-Lew on 16 Aug 2023
  • Looks like you got a great solution and plan to implement it.  Can't wait to see the final result and next years crop!
  • #62 by Bentley on 21 Aug 2023
  • Raised garden bed 2.0.  2 inches higher and 2 feet longer and sheet metal instead of vinyl.

• #63 by jdmessner on 21 Aug 2023
  • Nice job, those beds look great!

I was enjoying lunch while looking at your post. When I glanced out the window, I noticed they had some mobile units!

[ Invalid Attachment ]

• #64 by Kristin Meredith on 20 Sep 2023
  • Veg garden is pretty much done for the year.  There will be a MAJOR overhaul over the winter as you all can tell from Bent's posts. Has only taken 9 years, but we have finally hit on the secret of success with tomatoes -- Super Sioux for eating/sandwiches and Romas for sauce.  This is the last sauce Romas.  A bit of work to clean, cook, strain and bottle, but this is some of the sweetest , most flavorful sauce I have ever made.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #65 by Bentley on 22 Oct 2023
  • Not bad for only 1 Paprika plant making it.  The bad part is...when smoked, dried and ground.  Will be lucky to get 2 grocery store size containers full of powder!

• #66 by Bentley on 25 Oct 2023
  • Well it is slowly taking shape.  The 1st 3 raised beds were pretty rough.  Wrong material, wrong measurements, braces in the wrong place.  By #4 I think I got it dialed in.  When I finish the other 2 cinder block raised beds i only have 8 more of the 2 x 10 foots to make!  At least the 1st 2 mistakes don't show as bad when you look at them from the house! Weeding is going to be so much easier! Next 5 days of weather are 82-85°.  Soy Beans are just about ready to be harvested with the  Blue Ridge Mountains in the background.

• #67 by Bentley on 31 Oct 2023
  • #2 is done.  True Stone Age work at its finest!  Don't have enough cinder for #3, no even sure enough for one row high.  Once it is done, it is back to building raised beds!

Pages:
Actions