Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Bentley on 02 Dec 2022
  • When I used to wet brine corned beef it was 3Tbs (1/4 Cup) of #1 per gallon of water.
  • #17 by Bar-B-Lew on 02 Dec 2022
  • I used to love turkey legs when I was a kid (pre-teen).  I used to eat a whole leg and sometimes two.  Not sure how my grandmother made them, but I loved them.  For some reason, I think she may have seared them in a skillet first and then baked them afterwards.  I didn't have a turkey leg for probably 40+ years until last year.  I bought a few at an Oktoberfest.  They were horrible.  I decided I don't need them anymore.  I prefer moist breast meat for turkey and chicken nowadays.
  • #18 by hughver on 04 Dec 2022
  • This is a little off subject, but last year I bought two turkeys after Christmas @ .59/lb. While looking for a way to process them, I ran across this video. Results were easy to use turkey quarters. It gave me the ability to cook the dark meat to a different temperature than the white. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-sMdmCDXJ4
  • #19 by 02ebz06 on 04 Dec 2022
  • I get a pretty even cook with just spatchcocking the turkey. Legs actually get done a tad quicker than the breast.
    I don't think I would ever put raw poultry on a wood surface as he does in the video.

Pages:
Actions