Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by 02ebz06 on 07 Dec 2022

• It just cost me $192.80 to ship presents to 5 places.
  • #2 by Kristin Meredith on 07 Dec 2022
  •  :o :o :o
  • #3 by Bar-B-Lew on 07 Dec 2022
  • It is a lot less personable for some giving and receiving, yet a lot more desired for some receiving - this is where gift cards come in handy.  Especially on some when you get an extra 10%-20% back when spending $50 you get an additional $10 card to be used by end of February.
  • #4 by urnmor on 07 Dec 2022
  • It is a lot less personable for some giving and receiving, yet a lot more desired for some receiving - this is where gift cards come in handy.  Especially on some when you get an extra 10%-20% back when spending $50 you get an additional $10 card to be used by end of February.

Be careful buying and sending gift cards as it now one of the latest scams out there.
  • #5 by dk117 on 07 Dec 2022
  • I've pivoted to cash.  (visa/amazon card is ok too, or restaurant card)  My daughters is traveling for college, she'll get cash for her trip, my mom a lunch date, my father a gift card to a seafood restaurant. 

My view is that personalizing a cash gift will work, and experiences are better than things. 
  • #6 by 02ebz06 on 07 Dec 2022

Be careful buying and sending gift cards as it now one of the latest scams out there.

Only one, and I bought from same store I've purchased them from before.

• #7 by JoeGrilling on 16 Dec 2022
  • I used a shipping service this year.  A 21"x12"x14" 14lb box cost me $32 to ship from CA to FL.
  • #8 by 02ebz06 on 16 Dec 2022
  • I used a shipping service this year.  A 21"x12"x14" 14lb box cost me $32 to ship from CA to FL.

My A/V processor just died.
    Cost me $121 at a UPS Store to ship it insured to an authorized dealer in Texas.
     They charge $5 if you want a signature when it gets there.
  • #9 by JoeGrilling on 16 Dec 2022

Cost me $121 at a UPS Store to ship it insured to an authorized dealer in Texas.

I used "Pirate Ship".  If I done UPS directly the shipping would have cost me $62.  My package is being shipped by UPS but at a lower rate.  I discovered these guys on a craft forum.  Folks were asking for help to lower their shipping cost to customers.  Pirate Ship and several other companies like them were posted. 
  • #10 by 02ebz06 on 16 Dec 2022

I used "Pirate Ship".  If I done UPS directly the shipping would have cost me $62.  My package is being shipped by UPS but at a lower rate.  I discovered these guys on a craft forum.  Folks were asking for help to lower their shipping cost to customers.  Pirate Ship and several other companies like them were posted.

I could have saved money if I has an easy way to weigh it.
    My kitchen scale won't hold more than 13 lbs.
    With my bathroom scale, I couldn't read the amount.
    So I let the UPS store do it all.

For smaller packages I measure, weigh, and print labels at home.

• #11 by BigDave83 on 16 Dec 2022
  • When I would need to UPS something I took it to a customer that had daily pick ups. They got a far better rate than I got anywhere else even taking it to the UPS terminal up the road from work.
  • #12 by Bar-B-Lew on 16 Dec 2022

I could have saved money if I has an easy way to weigh it.
    My kitchen scale won't hold more than 13 lbs.
    With my bathroom scale, I couldn't read the amount.
    So I let the UPS store do it all.

For smaller packages I measure, weigh, and print labels at home.

Stand on your scale without the box and get your weight then add the box in your hands and get that weight.  The difference will be the weight of the box and should be close enough.
  • #13 by JoeGrilling on 17 Dec 2022
  • I use a hand held luggage scale.  My family members have been know to do luggage repacking in the airline terminal due to over weight bags.  We got the scale to prevent the drama at the airport.  I tie a cord around the package and weigh it.
Pages:
Actions