Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by BrandonLutz on 09 Dec 2022
  • At work we are having our annual Christmas lunch for our floor and this year I'm providing the main course. Pulled these off the Grid Iron around 6 this morning and I have them resting for next 3 hours before we serve them.

I used Simply Marvelous Spicy Apple for the rub and smoked them for the first 2 hours at 200F and then kicked the temp up to 230F to finish the cook. I wrapped them in foil pans at an internal temp of 170F after they got to the color in the photo.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #2 by Brushpopper on 09 Dec 2022
  • They look delicious  :lick: :clap:
  • #3 by Bar-B-Lew on 09 Dec 2022
  • beautiful color
  • #4 by 02ebz06 on 09 Dec 2022
  • Looks great!  What time did you start them ?
  • #5 by Bentley on 09 Dec 2022
  • They do look good.  I have to cook about 45 lbs. next week.
  • #6 by BrandonLutz on 09 Dec 2022
  • Looks great!  What time did you start them ?

Put them on a little after 6 last night. Pulled them out at around 6:30 AM to bring to work. Rested them until 11 AM this morning and then pulled and served.

I wrapped them at probably 5:30 hours into the cook. The color was right and they had all had hit 170ish, and that is when I generally wrap them. After shredding the meat, I finished them with a dusting of spicy apple and drizzled some Blues Hog Tennessee Red into two of the shredded butts and left one with no sauce. I used Pit Boss competition blend pellets for the cook.
  • #7 by urnmor on 09 Dec 2022
  • Very nice
  • #8 by 02ebz06 on 09 Dec 2022
  • I agree, very nicely done!!!
  • #9 by yorkdude on 09 Dec 2022
  • Those really do look great.
  • #10 by hughver on 10 Dec 2022
  • I did four butts (30+lbs.) yesterday for company, will reheat and vacuum pack leftovers (~20 lbs.) today.
  • #11 by jdmessner on 11 Dec 2022
  • Nice job! Those look great. I would be willing to bet folks really appreciated your efforts.
  • #12 by BrandonLutz on 11 Dec 2022
  • Nice job! Those look great. I would be willing to bet folks really appreciated your efforts.

Everyone seemed to enjoy it. It was about 30lbs of meat so we should be having sandwiches for a few days now at the office. ;D

I took some of it myself back home to make some pulled pork cornbread, but ate it for breakfast the next morning. Whoops  :rotf:
  • #13 by 02ebz06 on 11 Dec 2022

Everyone seemed to enjoy it. It was about 30lbs of meat so we should be having sandwiches for a few days now at the office. ;D

I took some of it myself back home to make some pulled pork cornbread, but ate it for breakfast the next morning. Whoops  :rotf:

Details on the pulled-pork cornbread please.
  • #14 by BrandonLutz on 11 Dec 2022
    Details on the pulled-pork cornbread please.

It's pretty simple. Ingredient list below. Just mix everything, pour into a pre-heated 8" cast-iron pan and cook at 425F.

1 cup cornmeal
    1 tablespoon sugar
    ¾ cup all purpose flower
    1.5 teaspoon baking powder
    Half a teaspoon of baking soda
    Quarter of a teaspoon of salt

2 eggs
    6 tablespoons of melted butter
    2 cups of butter milk

2 diced jalapenos
    Half a block of shredded pepper jack cheese
    8 oz of pulled pork

Cook at 425 for about 20 minutes. Probe cornbread at 20 minutes with a toothpick to make sure it comes out clean. If it does not go a little bit longer until you get a clean toothpick on the test.
  • #15 by 02ebz06 on 11 Dec 2022
  • Thanks, will have to give it a try.
Pages:
Actions