Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Hank D Thoreau on 15 Dec 2022
  • I am starting this thread so folks can show the interesting and creative ways they use shredded meats such as beef and pork.

I cook a lot of beef chucks and leave it up to folks at my house to decide how to use it. I only have pictures of what I make with it, which is unfortunate.

We have a couple of real sandwich artist at our house that always manage to make something interesting.

I will add some of my creations in the posts that follow.
  • #2 by Hank D Thoreau on 15 Dec 2022
  • I'll start off with a couple of standard Mexican food options. These are beef and port air fryer taquitos.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

• #3 by Hank D Thoreau on 15 Dec 2022
  • My go to quick lunch, shredded beef tacos.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #4 by Hank D Thoreau on 15 Dec 2022
  • An interesting variant of my standard enchilada recipe, beef chuck enchiladas.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #5 by Hank D Thoreau on 15 Dec 2022
  • This is a breakfast favorite, shredded beef hash.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #6 by Hank D Thoreau on 15 Dec 2022
  • This is one of my wife's favorites, machaca and eggs replacing machaca with shredded beef chuck.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #7 by elenis on 16 Dec 2022
  • This is one of my wife's favorites, machaca and eggs replacing machaca with shredded beef chuck.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Looks nice. We have a local Mexican drive through in our area that offers machaca in a breakfast burrito. I was interested and tried it and after I experienced it, it was the my go to from that point on at that place. The texture and flavor of it is wonderful. Unfortunately that place is about 45 minutes in the wrong direction for most things, but if we go by at meal time I love that thing.
  • #8 by Canadian John on 16 Dec 2022

•  Mostly pulled pork here.  My son-in-law had some chicken leftovers he pulled for sandwiches. They were very good. We've done a few here....

As usual Hank, you come up with some super ideas.
  • #9 by Bentley on 16 Dec 2022
  • Before I started BBQ competition, it was my favorite meat for most Mexican food or BBQ Beef or beans.  Competitions Pork and Brisket ruined that for me, would not walk across the street for mine or anyone else's today!

Still like Corn Beef hash, but mine would not be a shredded meat.  You certainly will pay more for shredded beef in a Restaurant!

Good Thread!
  • #10 by Hank D Thoreau on 16 Dec 2022
  • Before I started BBQ competition, it was my favorite meat for most Mexican food or BBQ Beef or beans.  Competitions Pork and Brisket ruined that for me, would not walk across the street for mine or anyone else's today!

Still like Corn Beef hash, but mine would not be a shredded meat.  You certainly will pay more for shredded beef in a Restaurant!

Good Thread!

Bently, you made an interesting comment. How did competition pork and brisket ruin shredded meat for you?
  • #11 by Bentley on 16 Dec 2022
  • Having to practice cooking the meats, I just got sick of BBQ and it continued into almost an aversion for awhile.  I would much rather have a ground beef taco, enchilada or name a dish with shredded pork or beef!  And to think in 1993, at a restaurant in Palm Springs, I paid the $3 more for shredded beef in my dish!  Used to get a killer Machaca breakfast burrito at Robertito's in Fresno in the late 90's!
  • #12 by Hank D Thoreau on 16 Dec 2022
  • Having to practice cooking the meats, I just got sick of BBQ and it continued into almost an aversion for awhile.  I would much rather have a ground beef taco, enchilada or name a dish with shredded pork or beef!  And to think in 1993, at a restaurant in Palm Springs, I paid the $3 more for shredded beef in my dish!  Used to get a killer Machaca breakfast burrito at Robertito's in Fresno in the late 90's!

I agree with you on the ground beef. I have found I prefer it in tacos, burritos and enchiladas. That's the reason it took me so long to use shredded beef for enchiladas.

I've even gotten to the point where I mostly eat cheese tacos.

I can see tiring of too much BBQ. BBQ is really rich. I love beef and baby back ribs, but I have a limit to how much I can eat. Also, competing at something sort of turns it into a job. I certainly found that to be true as a competitive archer. Suddenly, what you used to do for fun has become work.
Pages:
Actions