Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Kristin Meredith on 18 Dec 2022
  • The last few years have been tough on our young people, so we decided this was the year we could resume some normal life.

Our Jr./Sr. High Sunday School Christmas Party was last night (about 13 kids with friends). Hawk did a good job of guarding the prize table.  We had some adults who came and helped decorate and I think everything looked festive.  Bent and I did the cooking, but he manned the kitchen from 4 pm through clean-up so did a lot of work. We had a build your own taco bar with rice, beans and tortilla chips and all the fixings, a scavenger hunt (winners were the girls team and they got silly string and they ended the night with an outside silly string fight with the boys), made Christmas ornaments, had cake and ice cream and finished off with a trip to the candy buffet (teens are like locust with candy!) They all seemed to have fun, so the evening's goal was a success!

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #2 by Kristin Meredith on 18 Dec 2022

•  [ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

• #3 by Canadian John on 18 Dec 2022

•  Very nice Kristin!  Youth is our future.... FOND MEMORIES LAST FOREVER.  Thank you & Bent for your caring help.
  • #4 by urnmor on 18 Dec 2022
  • That is truly the Christmas spirit
  • #5 by pmillen on 18 Dec 2022
  • Not enough of our youngsters grow up with that kind of support and role models.  My hat is off to you and Bentley.
  • #6 by hughver on 18 Dec 2022
  • Not enough of our youngsters grow up with that kind of support and role models.  My hat is off to you and Bentley.

Ditto!!!
  • #7 by Kristin Meredith on 18 Dec 2022
  • They are a very nice group of kids, polite, well mannered and caring.  I am teaching their Sunday School class this year so have gotten to know them a bit and they deserved to have a little fun and cheer and make some good memories!
  • #8 by cookingjnj on 18 Dec 2022
  • That is awesome Kristen and Bent.  Well done.   Hats off to both of you for showing the youth how it is supposed to be in this world. 
  • #9 by Bar-B-Lew on 18 Dec 2022
  • The two of you continue to do great service to your community.
  • #10 by yorkdude on 18 Dec 2022
    Totally agree, these are the kind of things that make for positive times and make an old grump “mush up”. Very nicely done and know that those youngsters will recount what you both did for them. Take that to the bank.
  • #11 by jdmessner on 24 Dec 2022

•  Very nice Kristin!  Youth is our future.... FOND MEMORIES LAST FOREVER.  Thank you & Bent for your caring help.

Couldn't have said it any better! Beautiful job. Merry Christmas to you both and may you be blessed in the New Year. Thank you for being a blessing!!
Pages:
Actions