Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bar-B-Lew on 21 Dec 2022
  • Died in his sleep at the age of 72 just two days before the 50th anniversary of the Immaculate Reception and three days before he was scheduled to have his jersey #32 retired within the Steelers organization.

I have decided to where his replica jersey today in his memory and will most likely wear it again on Saturday night as the Steelers play the Raiders.  Going to be a lot of tears flowing in that stadium Saturday evening.
  • #2 by 02ebz06 on 21 Dec 2022
  • That is sad.
    I was born a Packers fan, but I have been a Steelers fan since the 70's as well.
    I met Franco once at a place called Old Chicago's in Denver area.
    It was a couple years after he retired.
    He was going around the country promoting a non-alcoholic beer.
  • #3 by Bentley on 21 Dec 2022
  • I always remember seeing the oncoming view of the catch.  It is the only camera angle where you can see that the ball did not hit the ground.  Always felt it was the precursor to Instant replay!
  • #4 by yorkdude on 21 Dec 2022
  • He truly was one of the greats.
    There is never a good time but in this case it is horribly sad.
  • #5 by Bar-B-Lew on 23 Dec 2022
  • I believe the NFL Network is going to have a documentary of Franco airing tonight around 9pm Eastern.  Check your local broadcasting schedule.
  • #6 by elenis on 23 Dec 2022
  • He was a great on the field and off. What he did after he retired with being involved in helping so many is the real legacy, but it was a great catch.
Pages:
Actions