Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by 02ebz06 on 21 Dec 2022
  • First, this is not a political post,  I don't want to open that can of worms.  It's just about the man.

Trump just know when to stop talking.

Here is his latest:

"Writing on his official Truth Social account on Tuesday (one day after the January 6 committee called for criminal charges against the former president for trying to overturn the 2020 election) Trump insisted that President Joe Biden isn't the rightful leader of the country and the government should be overthrown."

• #2 by urnmor on 21 Dec 2022
  • First I agree with you However IMO to say this is not a political post is a stretch.
  • #3 by BigDave83 on 22 Dec 2022
  • I will give him partial credit.

The country isn't going anywhere good fast, it seems that a lot of the people that vote vote with their heart and not their head. They vote for the person they feel sorry for and think is being picked on. Look at the race in our state PA, we had Fetterman who after a stroke couldn't make a complete and understandable sentence, much like our president, against Dr. Oz. People laughed at Fetterman because of his diminished capacity. So people felt sorry for him and voted for him, not that Oz who in my opinion was a liberal in a red jacket, would have been a help to our state.

The election process in general seems to have many flaws in some states, I don't understand how there are states that can give you a winner 3 hours after the polls close and other states are still trying to count mail in ballots 3 days later.
  • #4 by Kristin Meredith on 22 Dec 2022

• The election process in general seems to have many flaws in some states, I don't understand how there are states that can give you a winner 3 hours after the polls close and other states are still trying to count mail in ballots 3 days later.

In part it depends on the election laws of the states.  Some states won't allow  absentee ballots to be counted until after the polls close. I read that some states require each absentee ballot to be checked by hand.  Depends on whether the technology in the state is up to snuff and their laws.  Also, how many candidates and issues to be voted on.  In California, we always had amendments to vote on.  I think, one year, there were something like 25 amendments to be tabulated, plus national, state and local races to vote on. Those things can take extra time to tabulate.
  • #5 by okie smokie on 22 Dec 2022

• The election process in general seems to have many flaws in some states, I don't understand how there are states that can give you a winner 3 hours after the polls close and other states are still trying to count mail in ballots 3 days later.

In part it depends on the election laws of the states.  Some states won't allow  absentee ballots to be counted until after the polls close. I read that some states require each absentee ballot to be checked by hand.  Depends on whether the technology in the state is up to snuff and their laws.  Also, how many candidates and issues to be voted on.  In California, we always had amendments to vote on.  I think, one year, there were something like 25 amendments to be tabulated, plus national, state and local races to vote on. Those things can take extra time to tabulate.
    Simple: It takes that long to find out who on the rolls did not vote, then to fabricate a ballot for them, and to fill it in with the vote for the "proper" candidate. No way to dispute that, and it comes out the same on the recount. Then if the opposition complains you can call them crazy. Can't do that in the states that get it done in 3 hrs. Only logical explanation. I don't think the late states are technically incompetent I think they are technically clever! But--WTHDIK?
  • #6 by elenis on 22 Dec 2022
  • I vote conservative and just hope Trump goes away. He isn't doing anything to benefit the country so if we can make him go away perhaps the republicans can run someone that at least hasn't poisoned the well against himself for most of the nation.
  • #7 by 02ebz06 on 22 Dec 2022
  • This was not started to be political.

I was just stating that Trump, the person, not the politician, seems to have a tendency to put his foot in his mouth whenever he opens it.

Just like when Al Gore said "I invented the Internet".
    Only difference is Trump doesn't stop.

Nothing political about that.

• #8 by hughver on 22 Dec 2022
  • I too vote on the concretive side of the spectrum, but IMHO, Trump politically did some good things for the country, but as a person, he lacks ethics, honesty, morals and contrary to popular belief, is not the brightest bear in the woods. To tell the truth, I don't see anyone in either party that I would emphatically support, which is a shame given all of the outstanding talent that exist in this country.
  • #9 by okie smokie on 23 Dec 2022
  • Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!
  • #10 by Osborn Cox on 23 Dec 2022
  • I vote conservative and just hope Trump goes away. He isn't doing anything to benefit the country so if we can make him go away perhaps the republicans can run someone that at least hasn't poisoned the well against himself for most of the nation.

+1- liked his positions on many things not so much his personality, but he is too polarizing, need new blood
  • #11 by yorkdude on 23 Dec 2022

+1- liked his positions on many things not so much his personality, but he is too polarizing, need new blood
    I wholeheardetly agree, he was the tabasco sauce in a big bag of sugar. I voted for him, agreed with a very large majority of his beliefs and policies but egotistically he is a disaster. Do it, claim it and PLEASE move on. I truly hope he is primaried and fairly certain he will lose. My concern is the potential fracturing of what I believe to be a return to normalcy. We are truly in a very sorry state right now.  :2cents:
  • #12 by Chokma on 24 Dec 2022
  • Although I can't stand his personality, I voted for Trump twice and will do it again if he is the Republican candidate.  However, I think it is likely he will split the party in 2024 and the Dems will win as a result.  Dismal times ahead.
  • #13 by Bentley on 24 Dec 2022
  • He is the reason I left the Republican party.  When the Republican party is no longer the party of MAGA I may consider coming back!
  • #14 by hughver on 24 Dec 2022
  • I voted for him because there was no better choice, as did most people. not because I was a Republican.
  • #15 by Kristin Meredith on 24 Dec 2022
  • Ah, so many historical comparisons and historical excuses come to the fore for me in reading this thread.
Pages:
Actions