Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bar-B-Lew on 23 Dec 2022
  • Tell us your stories.  Hopefully, everyone stays safe and warm if you are impacted by this holiday season storm.

Right now, it was 41° here and raining.  Within the next 60-90 minutes the cold front is supposed to blow into town and flash freeze everything that is wet from the 2 or so inches of rain we had yesterday and today.  Roads are supposed to turn to ice pretty quickly.  Not sure how long they will stay that way, but the cold is supposed to be here thru Sunday.
  • #2 by ylr on 23 Dec 2022
  • I forgot they name winter storms now... ::) Made it down to -5F in Lewisport, Ky., wit the lowest windchill -27F so far. About 2" of snow, which is hard to measure, since a lot of it is either bare or drifted.
  • #3 by Kristin Meredith on 23 Dec 2022
  • It was raining this morning when I got up, but finally stopped.  Sky became blue, sun came out and no wind and about 44 (about 8:30 am).  So I took advantage to get Hawk out for some exercise.  Just as we were getting home, the wind started and it is now howling (11 am) It is now 32 with wind-chill making it feel like 20.  By the time of his afternoon exercise, it is to be 19 degrees -- wind chill will make it colder. Tomorrow morning it will be 6 degrees and by afternoon warm up to 23.  We maybe can get out for more exercise then, but will depend on the wind chill.
  • #4 by 02ebz06 on 23 Dec 2022
  • 51 yesterday, high 40's today.
    We don't get much snow here in the southwest, so no signs of a white Christmas.
  • #5 by elenis on 23 Dec 2022
  • It was around 43 degrees last night and raining and around 11pm it switched to snow. Hard to tell how much snow because of the insane wind. It hit -10 degrees here in Raymond, Ohio this morning. Not sure what it was with wind chill, but going out to put out food and water for my ducks it was cold enough that my nose hairs were freezing as I was breathing and it is windy enough that the super fine snow blew up through the eaves in our pole barn garage and we had a fine mist of snow over our cars and all in the garage.
  • #6 by okie smokie on 23 Dec 2022
  • 5* this am, and wind 7 mph. Wind chill -8*.  Thin ice in areas, but mostly hard frozen snow 1/2" and clear areas due to wind. Will be around this temp for the next couple of days and still cold next week.  Storm is all NW now and more severe. We were lucky. Stay warm!
  • #7 by Kristin Meredith on 23 Dec 2022
  • What to do when it is windy and freezing outside?  Practice making a mini hot dog wreath! Definitely will need more practice, but need lots of victims in order to make a full scale wreath!

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #8 by hughver on 23 Dec 2022
  • The storm is not predicted to affect our weather here in AZ, the sky is clear, and the temperature is 53° with a high of 66° expected. The same is predicted for the next seven days.
  • #9 by BigDave83 on 23 Dec 2022
  • It was mid 30s this morning around 5am now it is 0 supposed to drop a bit more.I figured I am staying in and hugging the pellet stove.
  • #10 by yorkdude on 23 Dec 2022
  • We got about 2” of snow and the temperature fell like a rock. Windy and absolutely freezing. -40 wind chill at night. Absolutely as cold as I can remember. Pellet stove wide open for 3 days. Today, sunny, beautiful and 10 degrees. Merry Christmas everyone and stay safe if it is heading in your direction.
  • #11 by reubenray on 23 Dec 2022
  • I had several hours of hard blowing snow yesterday and it got down to -5 this morning.  The wind chill temps were in the -20's.  It climbed back to 9 today and it is 6 right now.  When I put on my Christmas prime rib roast on Christmas day the temperature is forecast to be in the mid teens.  No frozen pipes, but the washer p-trap did freeze.  It unlocked after a few minutes, but it still made a mess.
  • #12 by Bentley on 23 Dec 2022
  • 12° right now, going to 6° and feels like 2° with wind chill.  You ask me, there aint a whole lot of difference between 12° and 2°!
  • #13 by urnmor on 23 Dec 2022
  • Here on the Eastern Shore of MD at 10 PM it is now 19 degrees with windchill of 3.  This morning it was 59 degrees.  I calm this snuggle weather
  • #14 by BigDave83 on 23 Dec 2022
  • just stepped out, a brisk -6, with wind the magic phone says -32
  • #15 by Bar-B-Lew on 23 Dec 2022
  • 11pm with temp of 3 degrees and wind chill of -12
Pages:
Actions