Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by hokiepop on 24 Dec 2022
  • Bizzare weather yesterday.  Had to get bloodwork done and when I got to the medical center it began to hail.  The wind driven hail felt like mini snowballs hitting me as I walked from the parking lot.  By the time my lab work was done the sun was out and the wind had died down.
    When I got home the wind was gusting 35-40 mph and my cold frame had blown into the cornfield behind my house.  Wind continued to pick up and temperature dropped all day.  Current temperature is 9 with wind gusts of 27 and a wind chill factor of -6.

Please be careful if you are driving-black ice on the roads here.

• #17 by Kristin Meredith on 24 Dec 2022
  • 7 am -- 6 degrees and -5 with wind chill. Guess another day inside for us by the fire!

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #18 by okie smokie on 24 Dec 2022
  • Your pup has a great life. Still 11* this AM but will top at 28* later. Darn global warming! Tomorrow up to 34*.  Most all of the streets are clear now. Just few ice skids around sidewalks and porches.
    We have recovered from the Influenza and are ready to rumble with family tomorrow.
    I bought a fail safe potato slicer to make our scallop potato dish. Two years ago I sliced the end of my right thumb off with the "harp". Fortunately, they sewed it back on in the local ER in time for dinner with family. My wife has not allowed me to slice potatoes since. I'm back at it this time. Son's family is hosting and he is making beef Wellington. What's not to like?
  • #19 by 02ebz06 on 24 Dec 2022
  • Now I remember why I left the east coast.  Too cold for me.
  • #20 by RWhyman on 24 Dec 2022
  • Wednesday during the day, it was in the 50's. It shot down to -14º overnight with a couple of inches of snow, barely made it to 0º on Thursday and then back down to -11 on Thursday night. Luckily, here in Parker, CO we didn't have much wind, but it was howling out on the eastern plains.
    Today we are finally supposed to get above freezing. 24º right now.
  • #21 by jdmessner on 24 Dec 2022
  • It is now Christmas Eve. It has been snowing since Thursday night and expected to continue through the night. We have well over a foot of snow, but it is hard to tell because of the wind. There is a lot of drifting. The temps have been in the teens, but the windchill has been below zero.

We have had to cancel two Christmas Eve services and three Sunday services on Christmas day. However, Christ always finds a way to show up on Christmas!!

Merry Christmas!!
     [ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #22 by 02ebz06 on 29 Dec 2022
  • Got our blizzard overnight.   ;D
  • #23 by hughver on 29 Dec 2022
  • I feel your pain. I spent almost all of my 4 year military stint in the upper peninsula of Michigan. Weather was like that every year off and on. A drastic change for a wet nosed teenager from South Louisiana who had never even seen snow.
Pages:
Actions