Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Kristin Meredith on 24 Dec 2022
  • We had left overs from the Sunday School party , so I just made up a pan of enchiladas.  Had to cobble together my own enchilada sauce, but I think it will be ok.  So, a "combo plate" (as Bent likes to say) for Christmas Eve dinner -- enchiladas, rice, and refried beans with cheese.  Anyone making anything special for tonight?

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #2 by 02ebz06 on 24 Dec 2022
  • Just whatever is in the fridge for us.
    Sadly, we have stopped making "meals".
    At our age, we gain weight too easily.
  • #3 by BigDave83 on 24 Dec 2022
  • we just made cheese steak quesadillas.
  • #4 by Hank D Thoreau on 24 Dec 2022
  • We are having some of the smoked salmon I cooked a few days ago and froze. We also have some crab and precooked baby back ribs.

My son called it a smorgasbord.

I'd like to see the enchiladas when they are done.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

• #5 by reubenray on 25 Dec 2022
  • I will be putting two garlic butter covered six pound prime rib roasts on in a few hours.  I will also do smoked chantilly potatoes.

The temperature outside right now is 9.  This will be the coldest temperature I have ever smoked in.  Hopefully it works.
  • #6 by Bentley on 25 Dec 2022
  • 2 inch Rib-eye steak.  Sous vide at @140 for 5 hours.  Grilled at 600° for 4 minutes.

• #7 by Bar-B-Lew on 25 Dec 2022
  • That looks great
  • #8 by urnmor on 26 Dec 2022
  • I cannot tell a lie Chinese food.  If You would like the phone number I can provide it. Our Son did say it was better then what he gets in the City
  • #9 by 02ebz06 on 26 Dec 2022
  • Looks delicious!

Excuse my ignorance here, but what is the benefit of the 5 hour sous vide ?
    Why not just straight to the grill ?
  • #10 by Bentley on 26 Dec 2022
  • It was too thick to grill and come out the way I like, not without a bunch of fussing.  I was not standing outside in 16° temps to cook a steak.  I was hoping it would cook so it did not have to be put in the oven after searing.  It was cooked through, should have set it at 135°.  Then all that was needed was the sear for some color and we ate!
Pages:
Actions