Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by pmillen on 31 Dec 2022
  • These chops were grilled over charcoal on a PK grill, but your favorite grilling method should work just fine.

I removed the fat cap and associated silver skin from this section of pork loin and cut it into four two-inch boneless chops.

Ingredients-Pork Chops

4 2-inch boneless pork chops
    Your favorite salt, pepper & garlic rub (SPG)
    Your favorite steak rub

Ingredients- Bourbon Butter Glaze

½ Stick salted butter
    ¼ Cup brown sugar
    ¼ Cup honey
    1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
    1 Shot of Kentucky bourbon

Directions-Bourbon Butter Glaze
    • In a small sauce pot over medium heat add butter, brown sugar, honey, bourbon, and Dijon mustard.
    • Stir until combined and reduce by half, about 8 minutes.
    • Remove from heat and allow to cool.
    Directions-Pork Chops
    • Brine the chops.  See Basic Brine.
    • Build a two-zone charcoal fire.  Add three or four chunks of your favorite smoking wood (I used Apple).
    • Season each side of the chops liberally with the SPG and the steak rub.
    • Let the seasonings set for at least 5-10 minutes.
    • Put the chops over the direct heat, close the lid and brown both sides.
    • Move the chops to the indirect side of the grill.  Close the lid.
    • Paint the chops liberally with the glaze when they are at 130°F internally.
    • Close the lid and let the glaze set.
    • After 5-6 minutes the chops should be near 135°F internally.  They’re done.
    • Let the chops rest about 10 minutes to allow the carry-over heat to raise the internal temperature to 140-145°F.
    • Serve.
  • #2 by BigDave83 on 31 Dec 2022
  • Those look great, I have never glazed much of anything, but I may give your recipe a try this summer when I can get to a grill.
  • #3 by pmillen on 31 Dec 2022
  • I never have bourbon on hand so when I make this I buy one of those miniature bottles they serve on airlines.  It's enough for this recipe and there's no remainder sitting around.
  • #4 by urnmor on 31 Dec 2022
  • Looks very very tasty
  • #5 by yorkdude on 31 Dec 2022
  • Oh boy those look good.
  • #6 by pmillen on 31 Dec 2022
  • Kristin made the sauce, substituting apple juice for the bourbon, for a series of meals for local people in shelters last winter.  She reported that the sauce was thinner but quite good over pork loin.
  • #7 by Bentley on 31 Dec 2022
  • So these would be considered Loin Chops?
  • #8 by BigDave83 on 31 Dec 2022
  • So these would be considered Loin Chops?

Yes.

I bought a whole boneless loin and cut 16 chops about 1/2" thick, seasoned and in the SV at 137° for about 3 hours then in to a slow cooker with some Arribiatta sauce. for sammies.
Pages:
Actions