Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Hank D Thoreau on 04 Jan 2023
  • I am officially saying goodbye to my Blue Rhino Razor griddle. It served me well.

The final demise came several months ago when I encountered an issue with the ignitors.

I had an extended warranty from the place of purchase. The decision to my claim was to buy it out rather than try to fix it.

I could not find another Rhino so I got a Blackstone, which has worked out really well. I'm not sure whether they are still making the Rhino.

The Rhino was left in place waiting to be taken away. The junk hauler is coming this weekend.

I have packed it up and it is ready to go.

Other than the ignitors, I was very happy with the Rhino.

The Rhino has some advantages over the Blackstone, but I believe the Blackstone is the better griddle.

Advantages are that it folds up and is portable. Also, it takes up less room.

I believe that the Blackstone actually gets hotter, and the ignitors, so far, have been infallible.

The Blackstone is a beast, though. It takes a lot more room for the same griddle size.

I am also getting some paint peeling on the hot areas of the Blackstone.

Both griddles got regular year around use.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #2 by Canadian John on 04 Jan 2023

•  Just me thinking.  Could you have simply used a BBQ lighter & kept the Rhino?
  • #3 by pmillen on 04 Jan 2023
  • I'm not sure whether they are still making the Rhino.

Their web site indicates that all models are still available.
  • #4 by Hank D Thoreau on 04 Jan 2023

•  Just me thinking.  Could you have simply used a BBQ lighter & kept the Rhino?

I was using a lighter for some time. Finally, the griddle shut down during the middle of a cook and I could not get it restarted.

I checked the manual, and it sounds like a safety interlock issue. I would have to relook at the manual to recall the actual part.

This made the griddle unreliable and was the last straw for me.
  • #5 by Hank D Thoreau on 04 Jan 2023
  • I'm not sure whether they are still making the Rhino.

Their web site indicates that all models are still available.

They are back, even at Lowes where I got mine. There were none anywhere, even directly from Blue Rhino when I needed mine replaced.
  • #6 by pmillen on 04 Jan 2023
  • They are back, even at Lowes where I got mine. There were none anywhere, even directly from Blue Rhino when I needed mine replaced.

Dang!  You were the victim of bad timing.
  • #7 by Brushpopper on 05 Jan 2023
  • I'd try to get the parts to fix it and then sell it so I could get something else I don't need.  It ain't like I don't have enough of those already ::)
Pages:
Actions