Accessories & Essentials > Thermometers, Probes, Remote Temp Monitoring Systems etc.

Pop-UP Poultry Thermometer

<< < (2/2)

Fire708:
Alton Brown always says to pull them out and throw them away. I’m not really sure why they even include them anymore.

GREG-B:

--- Quote from: Fire708 on January 08, 2023, 09:32:22 PM ---Alton Brown always says to pull them out and throw them away. I’m not really sure why they even include them anymore.

--- End quote ---

Because there are more than just my buddy out there that believes in them.  I even bought him a thermoworks thermometer to use but he still won't take it out of the oven unless that bloody red dot pops up. :-\  Really dry turkey every time.

02ebz06:

--- Quote from: Fire708 on January 08, 2023, 09:32:22 PM ---Alton Brown always says to pull them out and throw them away. I’m not really sure why they even include them anymore.

--- End quote ---

I don't use them, but I don't take them out.
My thought is taking them out will let juices out and provide a place for the heat to dry out the meat.

yorkdude:
Useless, in my humble opinion if you rely on them you might as well cook your food in the microwave.

Canadian John:

I had a good laugh.  I was grocery shopping when I spotted a pack of 2 of these thermometers. I just had to have a look.  The instructions stated that the bird would be done when the pop-up emerged....

No wonder some newcomers to cooking could be turned off attempting to cook their first turkey if they were using this as a guide.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version
Mobile View