Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by 02ebz06 on 12 Jan 2023
  • Made some Hot Dog Buns today and right side was browning a lot faster than the left.
    Turning the tray half way through evened the browning out, but wondering if convection baking would eliminate that step.

• #2 by BigDave83 on 12 Jan 2023
  • It may help, my range cooks faster in the back than the front, no convection fan in it. I have a breville counter top convection oven and I still need to rotate even with the fan on, it may depend on where you fan is located, on the breville it is on the right side.
  • #3 by slaga on 13 Jan 2023
  • In a standard oven, the pan on the bottom will generally cook faster than the pans above it. A convection oven redistributes the heat more evenly bottom to top for sure. Probably a little more side to side as well. Some commercial convection ovens have fans or systems that reverse the flow of air from left to right and then right to left periodically to make them cook even more evenly side to side. I doubt any residential or countertop convection ovens have that feature.
  • #4 by yorkdude on 13 Jan 2023
  • We have a convection oven and we still always find we need to rotate?
    I think it is more accurate top to bottom but it does seem that L to R are the same whether convection or not.
  • #5 by 02ebz06 on 13 Jan 2023
  • Thanks for the replies.
    Was just checking to see if anyone had experience with convection baking but did some Googling as well.
    Found out this morning that convection baking is not good for breads you want to have a soft crust.  It will dry the crust out.
    So no convection baking for burger and hot dog buns.

Pages:
Actions