Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bentley on 23 Jan 2023
  • Some Photos of the Hawaii Cruise.  Maybe a good photographer could capture the "True Blueness" but I am not that guy.  The Pacific away from shore is not the same as the Pacific close to the shore!  It is a Color that must be seen to truly see the color!

• #2 by Bentley on 23 Jan 2023
  • 1st time seeing Lava in person.  Cant get the video to download.

• #3 by Bentley on 23 Jan 2023
  • Don't hold me to it, but I believe the next 2 are, 1st is the Dormant/Extinct(?),  Mauna Loa.  And the next 2 are Mauna Kea.

• #4 by Bentley on 23 Jan 2023
  • Rainbow Falls on Hawaii.  Very close to downtown Hilo.  All the islands seemed drier then the last 2 times I have been.

• #5 by Bentley on 23 Jan 2023
  • A reason why I do not subscribe to the premise we eat with our eyes 1st.  I think you will agree that most all of these phots look delicious?  They were not!  All but one beef dish was Superb!  Perfectly cooked for me when I asked for Medium Rare, except one time, and i am sure you will be able to tell which cut that was.  They did make it right!

• #6 by Bentley on 23 Jan 2023
  • Now for the pretty...but bad.  Most of the Seafood was horrible!  Either overcooked (the salmon), all bread (the crab cake) or fishy, everything else!  When Kristin stops choosing the Fish, some thing is wrong.  I love Scallops and they were bad!

• #7 by Bentley on 23 Jan 2023
  • The Desserts!  All very appealing, right?  I would say 70/30 to the good!  The last one had to be cooked sous vide, it was unbelievably smooth and delicious!

• #8 by Bentley on 23 Jan 2023
  • A few outliers!  A grilled pineapple starter.  Kristin will have to comment on it.  Hawaiian Shaved Ice in Hilo.  $17 with tax, ridiculous price for a cheap screw!  I thought I had experienced Hawaiian Shave Ice on the mainland, after eating this, I had not.  Worth the price!  An eggcelent Chorizo starter!  The soups were very good! Cheese plate for dessert...Meh.  The smoked Gouda was good.

• #9 by Bentley on 23 Jan 2023
  • They had the Trident Grill on board.  Burgers, Dogs and Chicken Tacos anytime you want.  I dont think the guy form Odessa have ever seen a Bent Double Bacon, Double Chees burger! They had trouble getting Medium right, but still some of the best food on the Ship!  A Pork Turin in the Horizon (buffet).  Surprisingly good!

• #10 by Bentley on 23 Jan 2023
  • You can use your imagination as to how fun taking showers were!

• #11 by Bar-B-Lew on 23 Jan 2023
  • Are you back in Mayberry?
  • #12 by Bentley on 23 Jan 2023
  • Yes.
  • #13 by urnmor on 23 Jan 2023
  • What cruise line and did you enjoy the cruise overall?
  • #14 by Bentley on 23 Jan 2023
  • Princess. 

Lets just say that it was no where near as pleasurable as the 2019 Panama Canal, nor the 2003 Alaska Inside Passage.  I am afraid that Princess is either becoming a 2nd Carnival (their parent company) or they are not back to pre-covid performance.  We assumed after a year + of resumed cruising they would have been at 100%, they are far from that!  In a word, it was very disappointing!

It will be awhile before I go on another cruise.
  • #15 by 02ebz06 on 23 Jan 2023
  • All the pictures look good.
    How much time did you get to spend off the ship ?
    The 2 cruises we've been weren't more than 5 to 6 hours off the ship.
Pages:
Actions