Pages:
Actions
  • #31 by jdmessner on 28 Jan 2023
  • What a great trip, even if things weren't quite up to speed. My wife and I just signed up for a cruise in October. Neither of us have been on one before, we are looking forward to it. Feel free to pass along any tricks or tips we may need to keep in mind.
  • #32 by Kristin Meredith on 29 Jan 2023
  • Where are you going JD and with what line?
  • #33 by urnmor on 29 Jan 2023
  • What a great trip, even if things weren't quite up to speed. My wife and I just signed up for a cruise in October. Neither of us have been on one before, we are looking forward to it. Feel free to pass along any tricks or tips we may need to keep in mind.

How long will your cruise be for.  Jut a suggestion.  If you get a chance add a few days at either at the beginning of the cruis or at the end.  This will give you a chance to explore additional sites.

Mot importantly have a great time and take a lot of pictures as we are looking forward to them
  • #34 by jdmessner on 29 Jan 2023
  • Where are you going JD and with what line?

In October we are going on a Celebrity Cruise line with Educational Opportunities (EO) Tours. It will be 13 days in the Mediterranean Sea. We will depart from Athens, spend time around the Sea of Galilee, Jerusalem, and Bethlehem. From there we go Cairo and Alexandria, then Ephesus, Corinth, and back to Athens.

I would love to stay a couple extra days to poke around. However, I do not know how tight the travel arrangements are. Our package includes air fare, so I will need to see how much flexibility there is. 

Just got my first passport in the mail the other day, so I am good to go!!!
  • #35 by Kristin Meredith on 29 Jan 2023
  • Wow, what a great trip!!!!  I have never been to Israel, but I have been to Cairo, Ephesus, Corinth and Athens.  You will love it. My parents were with me and I still have a photo somewhere of my Dad standing in the place in Corinth where Paul was supposed to have stood and preached -- it meant so much to him and is a warm memory over 30 years later.  And Ephesus is stunning, I could have explored for days. I hope you are going to the new Grand Egyptian Museum at Giza.  It has just opened in the last couple of years and is suppose to be fabulous. I am very envious and will really look forward to hearing about your journeys.

And I understand Celebrity is a great cruise line.  Bent wants for us to cruise with them next time we feel we want to cruise.
  • #36 by urnmor on 29 Jan 2023
  • All I have to say is : What an adventure that will be.
  • #37 by jdmessner on 29 Jan 2023
  • Wow, what a great trip!!!!  I have never been to Israel, but I have been to Cairo, Ephesus, Corinth and Athens.  You will love it. My parents were with me and I still have a photo somewhere of my Dad standing in the place in Corinth where Paul was supposed to have stood and preached -- it meant so much to him and is a warm memory over 30 years later.  And Ephesus is stunning, I could have explored for days. I hope you are going to the new Grand Egyptian Museum at Giza.  It has just opened in the last couple of years and is suppose to be fabulous. I am very envious and will really look forward to hearing about your journeys.

And I understand Celebrity is a great cruise line.  Bent wants for us to cruise with them next time we feel we want to cruise.

I will be glad to send you information if you would like to join us! The Egyptian Museum in Giza is part of the trip!!

Other than a few hours in Mexico and a few trips to Canada, I have never been outside the US. I have always wanted to travel, but there was usually something else to spend the money on. Last year my wife and I started talking about how nice it would be to go on a trip, but it was more wishful thinking than anything else.

A friend of mine occasionally acts as a host for Holy Land tours. When I asked him about any upcoming trips, he started telling me about this one. As he talked, I realized each stop was on my bucket list. It also didn't hurt that traveling by boat sounded a lot better than ridding in a bus!

The more Sally and I kept talking about it, the more we realized there may not be too may opportunities for us to do something like this (the years are going by way too fast). The real kicker was when I found out that the trip qualifies as continuing education for me. That means I can get some of it reimbursed. After that bit of news, it was a no brainer! It is a ways a way, but it is something we are looking forward to.
  • #38 by hughver on 01 Feb 2023
  • A few years back, my wife and I took a 12-day Mediterranean Princess cruise that started in Barcelona and ended in Venice. We visited Monaco, various ports in Italy, The Greek Isles, Greece and Turkey. We pre-arranged private tours in every port which saved us over $2500 by not taking the ship tours.
  • #39 by Bar-B-Lew on 01 Feb 2023
  • My wife and mother took that same Mediterranean tour.  My wife did all of the work and booked their own tours and transportation around each city they stopped at.  Apparently, they had a blast.
Pages:
Actions