Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by okie smokie on 27 Jan 2023
  • Too cold for me to crank up the 1070 on Wednesday.  Wanted burgers, so I looked up air fryer burgers and found that I could do them frozen.
    I use the Costco 1/3 lb sirloin 85/15% and usually do the frozen on the grill.
    Easy peasy, I took them frozen. Generously seasoned one side only with Montreal, and placed two of them in my air fryer at 370* for 8 minutes to the side. Did not season when I flipped them. They came out looking griddle fried, and no pink. Placed Am cheese on them when they were still hot. We used the flat buns buttered and pan toasted, with sliced onion, mustard, pickles. (My wife used mayo). They were so good and juicy that I may just go that way in the future.  No pics but they looked as good as they tasted.
  • #2 by Bar-B-Lew on 27 Jan 2023
  • Thanks for sharing. I may have to try that.

I have been making 6-8 burgers on the grill, cooling, vac sealing, and freezing to reheat when I wanted one.
  • #3 by BigDave83 on 27 Jan 2023
  • I used to do burgers in the Nu Wave oven, Have not used it in a while because we bought a counter top air fry oven thing.

Pickles onions and mustard is my way to go on them also.
  • #4 by Bar-B-Lew on 27 Jan 2023
  • I used to do burgers in the Nu Wave oven, Have not used it in a while because we bought a counter top air fry oven thing.

Which counter top air fryer oven?  I have been looking into that to replace my toaster oven in my basement
  • #5 by reubenray on 27 Jan 2023
  • How big of a mess did they make?

I have the Ninja DT251.  I use this a lot for biscuits, toast, frozen steak fingers, chicken strips, etc.  I plan on getting a smaller model for my rv.
  • #6 by BigDave83 on 27 Jan 2023

Which counter top air fryer oven?  I have been looking into that to replace my toaster oven in my basement

I bought mine before the toaster oven ones came about. It is a Power XL Elite I believe, it has a door on the front, 3 small removable cooking racks, a basket, a rotisserie and a basket for on it. we buy 8" prebaked pizza crusts and they fit nicely on a rack only does one at a time.  5-7 minutes they are done.

I have a breville smart oven that I use a lot and when it goes bad if it ever does I will replace it with the larger Breville air fry oven. It will do a 12" pizza only goes to 450°
  • #7 by Bentley on 27 Jan 2023
  • A broiled hamburger?  Or is circulating hot air how it cooks?  Do these units heat from top and bottom at same time?
  • #8 by BigDave83 on 27 Jan 2023
  • A broiled hamburger?  Or is circulating hot air how it cooks?  Do these units heat from top and bottom at same time?

Air fryers usually push hot air down. The air fry ovens similar to toaster ovens I am not sure where the hot air comes from probably the side or the back.

this is the one I have been looking at to replace my counter top oven. It does have a broiler in it and heating elements on the bottom.

https://www.breville.com/us/en/products/ovens/bov900.html?sku=BOV900BSSUSC
  • #9 by urnmor on 28 Jan 2023
  • I had that one and even though I did like it.  I found I was not using it that much.  It took up a lot of counter space and I did nit like the way it toasted.  Overall it worked well it just kind of got put oa side so Igave it to my son.  I prefer my oven, cheap toaster and Phillips air fryer or my grills.  You know when I think about i I have only given away three small appliances over the years a deep fryer, the Instant Pot and this. 
  • #10 by hughver on 28 Jan 2023
  • I have the Anova steam oven which also can be used as an air fryer. I'll have to try Bergers.
  • #11 by okie smokie on 28 Jan 2023
  • How big of a mess did they make?

I have the Ninja DT251.  I use this a lot for biscuits, toast, frozen steak fingers, chicken strips, etc.  I plan on getting a smaller model for my rv.
    Had to wash the little platforms, and wipe down the sidewalls. BUT did not have to go outside!.  Really easy to clean.  Slide out platforms go into the dishwasher. And a wet rag did the rest.  I have a nice generic brand from Amazon. Can do 4 burgers at once. We toast the insides of the buns in a large fry pan with butter or coconut oil.
  • #12 by elenis on 28 Jan 2023
  • I may have to try it some time, but I really love burgers on my Blackstone and I do those inside my pole barn style detached garage. It has enough air circulation in there with the full ridgeline vented as well as the ventilated soffits and the fact it isn't insulted or anything that it keeps the wind and all off me and when I have all 4 burners relatively high on the Blackstone it manages to slightly warm the place.
  • #13 by BigDave83 on 29 Jan 2023
  • I may have to try it some time, but I really love burgers on my Blackstone and I do those inside my pole barn style detached garage. It has enough air circulation in there with the full ridgeline vented as well as the ventilated soffits and the fact it isn't insulted or anything that it keeps the wind and all off me and when I have all 4 burners relatively high on the Blackstone it manages to slightly warm the place.

I use my griddle in the garage also, the weather is always good in the garage, only issue is the grease that is in  the steam and it getting on things over time.

• #14 by okie smokie on 30 Jan 2023
  • Hope one of you tries air fryer burgers and reports back. My SIL did smash burgers on his Walmart griddle last Friday. He added chopped onions in the smash. They were great but not sure they were better than my airfried. Greasier because he used beef tallow on griddle. (unnecessary with 80/20 ground chuck).
  • #15 by hughver on 12 Feb 2023
  • My wife picked up some frozen beef patties at Costco yesterday and we gave this a try. I used tha Anova steam oven, the burgers did not sear very well. I'll put the rack higher next time or raise the temperature. They were still very good.
Pages:
Actions