Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Kristin Meredith on 09 Feb 2023
  •  For me it had to be liver and peas! :(
  • #2 by 02ebz06 on 09 Feb 2023
  • About the only thinks I don't like are cooked spinach (OK in a salad), Yogurt, Buttermilk, and Cottage Cheese.
    Never really had them as a kid, but I'm guessing I wouldn't have liked them then either. Haha
    Probably others, but those come to mind.
  • #3 by Canadian John on 09 Feb 2023

•  Salmon - the bones. Just as I was almost accepting the taste of the meat, I was skewered with a bone. Not a pleasant experience for a youngster.

Lima beans. To this day I have a great distaste for them.

Canned peas. Simply not good.  Surprisingly when I reluctantly tasted fresh peas something special happened. They were so wonderfully different. That good taste remains to this day.

There are more. These stand out.
  • #4 by Bar-B-Lew on 09 Feb 2023
  • mashed potatoes

I wouldn't eat them for dinner and had to sit under the kitchen table until I broke down and ate them.

Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich

Mom made one every day for my school lunch.  Mid way through the year I started giving them away and skipping lunch.  Might be the last time I ate one.
  • #5 by jdmessner on 09 Feb 2023
  • BEETS! For some reason even the smell makes me nauseous. I remember one time as a kid my mom made me sit at the table until I ate some. After what seemed like hours, she said that since I ate most everything else, it would be OK if I didn't like beets. I know they are good for you, but to this day I cannot eat them.
  • #6 by GREG-B on 09 Feb 2023
  • As a kid I hated peas.  But in their defense, I only knew great big institutionalized peas that came in a 1 gallon can.  Tried to convince my 4th grade lunch monitor that I was allergic to peas.  She laughed and said I could leave when I ate my peas.  I ate them and immediately experienced projectile hurling  :puke:  that got me out of eating any more peas.  Now, after having fresh baby peas outa my garden, I love em. :lick:
  • #7 by BigDave83 on 09 Feb 2023
  • Not sure anything really traumatized me.

I will agree with JD I am not a big beet person I may have them if they in a salad, a little place we go she puts a couple of slices of canned beets on the side of the salad plate. I will eat them at times.

Never been a fan of grapefruit, Woman used to eat half of one a day. I still will not eat them.

Beans, growing up would not eat a bean except the ones in Campbells Vegetable soup, and that was because I was to lazy to pick them out. Today I love a good chili, around here chili has beans in it, I will eat some dishes made with them. The GF's Mother makes something called Callico beans and they are pretty good. There are certain BBQ places we go to and I will eat their beans but not that many. I will do fresh green beans if oiled, salt and peppered and roasted in the oven or browned in a skillet in some bacon juice.

There is probably more I am not a fan of but for the most part I am like I used to say about my uncle. I used to tell him he would eat anything as long as it didn't eat him first.
  • #8 by Brushpopper on 10 Feb 2023
  • I hated canned carrots as a kid.  My mom would put sugar on them and make a glaze and I thought they were disgusting.  So did my brother and sister.  We loved raw carrots and ate them in soup or with a roast but they were nasty with the glaze.  Apparently my folks liked them because we had them often.  I also found boiled cabbage repulsive.  So did everyone else except my mom so she would make it just for herself and stink the whole house up.  Our neighbor ate cottage cheese all the time and no one in our house would touch it since it looked like clabbered milk.
  • #9 by ylr on 10 Feb 2023
  • I cannot stand the smell, taste, or texture of peas. My first stepmother made me eat them as a kid. To this day, I will pick them out of Campbell's Beef and Barley.
  • #10 by hughver on 10 Feb 2023
  • Sauerkraut.
  • #11 by Bentley on 10 Feb 2023
  • Salmon in a dough pinwheel!
  • #12 by yorkdude on 10 Feb 2023
  • Beets, hands down.
  • #13 by okie smokie on 11 Feb 2023
  • Liver fried.  Back in the day, it was not always calf's.  I have since learned to tolerate it.  I do like fresh chicken livers, breaded and fried.
    Several years ago, we were in Muren, Austria, during Mad Cow disease and in the restaurant there. For some crazy reason I decided to try the "special" of horse liver. I have never ordered a "special" off a menu since.  :puke:
  • #14 by reubenray on 12 Feb 2023
  • Homemade chocolate pie which I use to love.  At my Grandmother's house I ate just about a whole pie that she made.  That night my appendix ruptured and I had to spend the summer with my grandparents after the surgery.  We lived about a 100 miles away and this was in the early 60's.  I was in the fourth grade.  Since then I can't stand the smell or taste of chocolate pie.
Pages:
Actions