Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by BigDave83 on 01 Mar 2023
  • Looks nice.

Do you like the flavors/texture or is there something you would change?
  • #17 by yorkdude on 02 Mar 2023
  • It sure does look good.
    Never had it either but sure sounds intriguing, we really like good regular chorizo.
  • #18 by Bar-B-Lew on 02 Mar 2023
  • It sure does look good.
    Never had it either but sure sounds intriguing, we really like good regular chorizo.

On a side note, have you ever had the Johnsonville chorizo "bacon"?

https://johnsonville.com/products/chorizo-sausage-strips/
  • #19 by Bentley on 07 Mar 2023
  • Sorry, I missed this one!  I have not.  I would be concerned about texture.  To me, Mexican Chorizo is plain and simple a ground sausage.  And is best served that way!

On a side note, have you ever had the Johnsonville chorizo "bacon"?
  • #20 by Bentley on 07 Mar 2023
  • According to the weight loss, the Sopprasota is more then done.  I guess I am going to have to study case hardening a bit more.  I am not sure how you can have case hardening when the correct amount of moisture has been loss, but the inside of this 1st salami seem to soft.  The Salchichon is drying slower then the Chorizo & the Sopprasota.  It is still soft on the outside.  The larger has lost about 17%, and the smaller 10%.  All 3 were piped into the same size casing, so you can see the difference in moisture loss.  The color is completely different on the Salchichon too, and that has me worried!

• #21 by 02ebz06 on 07 Mar 2023
  • I've been thinking that maybe higher humidity would help with the outside getting hard.
    Guess I need to need to do some research on that as well.
  • #22 by Bentley on 07 Mar 2023
  • Can't get the pictures to download from my phone to my computer!
  • #23 by 02ebz06 on 07 Mar 2023
  • I've had some issues lately.
    Maybe it's my PC, but when I click on the file to upload, nothing happens for a while.  I have to wait.
Pages:
Actions