Here's How I.... > Cook Beef

Teriyaki Jerky

<< < (2/4) > >>

Bentley:
I love jerky, just does not sit well with the teeth any more.  S0ome work in the future and maybe that will help!

02ebz06:

--- Quote from: Bar-B-Lew on February 22, 2023, 02:50:59 PM ---Those are nice racks for that Camp Chef vertical.

--- End quote ---
Yeah, it came with 7 racks with 3 being jerky racks.  Had to use mats on the 4th one.

Bar-B-Lew:
Under normal weather conditions, do you know the lowest temp at grate level you are  actually get using a Thermoworks grate temp probe or a similar device?  At what temp is the controller set at to achieve that lowest grill temp?

I saw Amazon had one of these verticals online and was considering buying one if it could be a jerky machine.

02ebz06:
Right now the Controller is set at 160 and grate temp as reported by the Thermoworks Smoke is 220.  Very windy - 37MPH
The grate I have the probe on is on lowest rack and is it is about 5-6" from wall RTD is on and about 5" from read wall.
RTD is about 5" higher on side wall.

Lowest temp controller goes to is 150.
I don't recall exactly, but in summer I think they read no more that 15-20 apart.

Been on the kick of bread making and smoking meat, got me thing I should smoke some cheese as well.

Bar-B-Lew:
Depending on the cheese it can't be more than 80°-90° in the smoker or it will start to deform or melt.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version
Mobile View