Recipe Section > Casserole/One pot meals

Buffalo Chicken Pasta

(1/1)

BigDave83:
we have made this a few times, surprisingly the GF likes it, so I make it more often as it is an easy cook.

Shredded Chicken, I used a large half of a breast they go about 1.5 pounds I SV at 142 for 4-5 hours. Could use any leftover chicken just cut it up.
1 Cup Hot sauce usually use Franks and some Sriracha
1 Cup Ranch dressing, for this I buy what ever is usually on sale, I am cheap.
1 Box Pasta I like the Rotini and I have used Penne, probably be good with small or medium shells also.
2 Cups shredded cheese. Or more usually Cheese is like Bacon hard to get to much. Usually use sharp cheddar but I was out so it was what ever I had.

Cook the pasta, mix the hot sauce and the ranch together, once the pasta is done drain and add the shredded chicken most of the cheese and the sauce mix an mix it well, then stir in the pasta. Dump in your favorite vessel for cooking a casserole, I used 1/2 size steam pan top with more shredded cheese. Bake it for 20-30 minutes at 375°. Bagged pre-shredded cheese is fine here unless you want to shred your own.

Plan was to put this in the electric smoker at 250 for an hour, had not done that before, so I put it in turned the exhaust fan on, the smoker dial up and walked away. Went out to retrieve it about 70 minutes later and when I walked out the door in to the garage I didn't smell smoke. Went to check and some how the smoker had gotten unplugged so I had to bring it in and toss it in the little convection oven for 30 minutes. The next one will be made in the smoker.

I think some onions and some jalapenos diced up would be a nice addition, unfortunately I am alone in that thought here.

Any ideas on additions or alterations are welcome.

Bar-B-Lew:
Onions and mushrooms are good in almost anything for me.  That almost looks like a mac and cheese with chicken in it.  Looks and sounds great.

yorkdude:
Looks and sounds really good.

urnmor:
Yes it does

02ebz06:
Looks like that is a meal to be added to the "Comfort Food' list.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version
Mobile View