Member Reviews > Reviews of Accessories, Gadgets and Tools

VINYL COVERINGS by MEL

(1/2) > >>

pmillen:
I think that some members have had Mel make a custom pit cover.  I went to her web site to see about another one for me, not because the one I have wore out — they last forever — but for a new pit.

Her business is closed.

So, does anyone recommend a similar company that makes custom covers for patio furniture, boats and such?

Bar-B-Lew:

--- Quote from: pmillen on February 23, 2023, 09:49:37 PM ---I think that some members have had Mel make a custom pit cover.  I went to her web site to see about another one for me, not because the one I have wore out — they last forever — but for a new pit.

Her business is closed.

So, does anyone recommend a similar company that makes custom covers for patio furniture, boats and such?

--- End quote ---

When I used to put covers on my grills, this was the best commercial one that I found and was light years better than any cover the manufacturer of any of my pellet grills sold.  At one point, I quit covering most of them because they were stainless steel, and because the wind got up underneath a few of them and blew them over.  I don't remember that happening with this cover though.  I still have it in the garage somewhere.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NWAO74/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

pmillen:
Yeah, I had one of those a few years ago.  I recall that I had to cut it off to shorten it because mice could reach it from the ground and crawl up and nest in my pit.  I eventually tore it in several places because my pit had sharp corners everywhere.

02ebz06:
I referred someone to Mel, and he told me she had closed.
Probably 6 months ago or more.
I hope she's alright.

02ebz06:
UPDATE:
I sent Mel an email, and she replied.
Shut down due to high cost of materials and shipping. Said she would have to charge too much.
Also she said labor is another issue.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View