Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Jiggle Racing on 02 Mar 2023
  • Hello!! Does anyone have a Spider Grills "Spider-22" pellet adapter for the weber kettle? I finally retired my 15 year old GMG and was considering the spider to use with one of my 3 kettles wile I research and decide on my next serious pellet grill.
  • #2 by ylr on 02 Mar 2023
  • Never heard of one until you mentioned it, but the two YouTube vids I watched speak positively of them. One guy claims it has a PID controller, but it looks like a generic old style Traeger/Pit Boss dial controller. $200 is a cheap experiment, IMO!
  • #3 by Bentley on 03 Mar 2023
  • Not to blow you off, have no idea!
  • #4 by Jiggle Racing on 03 Mar 2023
  • Well... I ordered one. It will be here next week. I'll report back here on what I think about it.
  • #5 by jdmessner on 04 Mar 2023
  • Well... I ordered one. It will be here next week. I'll report back here on what I think about it.

I will be very curious to hear your report. My mom has a kettle grill, but it never gets used because nobody likes messing with the charcoal. This would be a very practical solution.
  • #6 by Brushpopper on 05 Mar 2023
  • I'm curious also.  I don't have a kettle but when my El Cheapo charcoal grill dies this might be a better solution.
  • #7 by 02ebz06 on 05 Mar 2023
  • Sounds like a great option to get a controlled heat for a kettle grill.
    I would think you would have to install it over one of the legs to support the weight of the unit and pellets all on one side.

I as well am looking forward to seeing the project and you thoughts.
  • #8 by BigDave83 on 05 Mar 2023
  • I think they make a unit to go under where the air intake holes are that you can control temp from using charcoal.

the only weber I have is a smokey joe I think it is it is maybe 14" kettle. Have not used it in a long time, I have to much stuff to cook on outside.
  • #9 by Jiggle Racing on 06 Mar 2023
  •  Tom Horsman uploaded a new video today... https://youtu.be/hsJTxDPMvYw
  • #10 by BigDave83 on 06 Mar 2023
  • Tom Horsman uploaded a new video today... https://youtu.be/hsJTxDPMvYw

The finger guy, I don't think of all of the videos of his I have watched and it isn't a huge amount, he has ever had a product he didn't like or was just trash.
  • #11 by Jiggle Racing on 06 Mar 2023
  • Yah, I hear you on Tom. Well it arrived today so I assembled and attached to my oldest kettle. It's kind of awkward. It attaches but it's not rock solid and its not very maneuverable. It does however hold rock steady temp. I'll cook something and report back. It is also pretty loud.
  • #12 by Jiggle Racing on 06 Mar 2023
  • Here...
  • #13 by okie smokie on 06 Mar 2023
  • Two reviews on YouTube were impressive with minor exceptions.  Each did a pork butt with good result. Very impressive. If you have a weber 22" kettle and don't wish to invest in pellet smoker right away you can convert for $200.  No cutting or drilling required, easy add on assembly. Clever. They will sell a lot of them if the components are good. Easy to dismantle and move. Might be good for a trailer, or motor home. GrillGrates would allow for hotter high end for steaks etc.
  • #14 by BigDave83 on 06 Mar 2023
  • Two reviews on YouTube were impressive with minor exceptions.  Each did a pork butt with good result. Very impressive. If you have a weber 22" kettle and don't wish to invest in pellet smoker right away you can convert for $200.  No cutting or drilling required, easy add on assembly. Clever. They will sell a lot of them if the components are good. Easy to dismantle and move. Might be good for a trailer, or motor home. GrillGrates would allow for hotter high end for steaks etc.

They have been out for quite a few years I believe, and if I remember there was a video I watched a while back, once you get it set up on your grill, it is easy to remove and reinstall because it is already set up for it. Just turn a couple knobs.
  • #15 by Jiggle Racing on 06 Mar 2023
  • Did some costco stuffed peppers (ground beef, rice,cheese) at 275* for about 45 mins and then upped to 400* till internal temp of 160*. They cooked evenly and had decent smoke favor. The grill held set Temps within 5* degrees
Pages:
Actions