Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bentley on 11 Mar 2023
  • All are welcome.  password pelletfan66

2023 Pellet Fan March Madness
  • #2 by Bentley on 15 Mar 2023
  • I THINK YOU HAVE TILL THE END OF THE DAY, NOT SURE!
  • #3 by Bentley on 15 Mar 2023
  • You have till march 16th @ 9am.
  • #4 by hughver on 16 Mar 2023
  • I got partially filled out, so I'm done, too late to complete.
  • #5 by Bentley on 16 Mar 2023
  • Every year I am going to try and go a different route.  This year I went highest seeds all the way around and before it is Noon, I am screw by UVA!
  • #6 by Bar-B-Lew on 16 Mar 2023
  • I think I may have had Virginia and Arizona in the final four....hahaha

Glad I didn't have any money on my bracket
  • #7 by hughver on 17 Mar 2023
  • My Alma Mater did a lot better against Tennessee than expected, I'm sure they beat the spread.
  • #8 by jdmessner on 17 Mar 2023
  • I never got around to doing a bracket, but it probably wouldn't have done much good. Next year I am going to use  dog treats and use the dog's choices. If I were to make a pick, it would be for Purdue to go all the way.

Please post uptates, results and where people are in the standings.
  • #9 by Bentley on 17 Mar 2023
  • You will not be pleased with Purdue when you wake up in the morning.  I cant recall the last time so many top seeds got beat in the 1st 24 hours!
  • #10 by Bar-B-Lew on 18 Mar 2023
  • For some reason I am more interested in the NCAA Wrestling Championships than basketball this year.  In a historic shocker, 125 lb weight class great, Spencer Lee of Iowa, had a 58 match win streak snapped as he was attempting to be the 5th wrestler of all time to win 4 national championships when he was pinned with one second left in the semifinals by a wrestler from Purdue.
  • #11 by jdmessner on 18 Mar 2023

• My one bold prediction and it went up in flames! It was a good year to take off. Definitely letting the dog pick next year.

I like the NCAA tournament. However it doesn't give us a true national champion. It gives us a tournament winner. If you want a true national champion only let conference champions play.

I do think they need to get rid of the conference tournaments. Why go through months of a regular season to have it all come down to a tournament that will only ĝet you banged up and injured before the big tournament? If there are divisions in a conference, sure have them play a championship game, but you don't need a tournament to do that. Make the regular season count.

Actually I do know the answer to why they hold these tournaments. It is about money and generating more $$$. This is even much more the case since legalized gambling has become so prevalent. I guess that also leads me to wonder, does that have anything to do with the increase in upsets?
  • #12 by Bentley on 18 Mar 2023
  • I thought I had picked all #1 seeds, so I was sure that I would have Bama winning.  I some how ended up having Houston win it all, not what I wanted.  I now guarantee that Bama will win!
  • #13 by hughver on 19 Mar 2023
  • I thought I had picked all #1 seeds, so I was sure that I would have Bama winning.  I some how ended up having Houston win it all, not what I wanted.  I now guarantee that Bama will win!

I watched most of the Bama game last night and I tend to agree with you.
  • #14 by RobertG on 20 Mar 2023
  • Alabama looks good.  I picked Houston to win too.  Bama will probably win now.
  • #15 by Bentley on 24 Mar 2023
  • I started doing this in the late 80's, even took 3rd once in a Bracket that the CBOT did when we were trading commodities in early 1990's.  This is the strangest one I have ever seen. SDSU way to represent the Mountain West!
Pages:
Actions