Accessories & Essentials > Equipment -- grill grates, grill mats, brushes, covers, tongs, etc.

Want a new pellet grill

<< < (2/3) > >>

Bar-B-Lew:

--- Quote from: urnmor on March 19, 2023, 08:41:34 AM ---The best advice I can give you is what was given to be over 50 years ago.  Buy the best you can afford and is what you want.  If it cost more save until you can afford it as quality stands the test of time.  All I can say this has worked for me over the years.  Good luck on your decision

--- End quote ---

Great advice.  I try to live by that too.

MikeMcQ:

--- Quote from: glitchy on March 19, 2023, 04:44:25 AM --- MAK will last a long time without finish maintenance, but is another level up in price.

--- End quote ---
I almost 100% agree. My MAK 2* is a decade+ old with zero signs of rust etc. I disagree in that a new one would probably be more than "another level" up in price! :(

However got my MAK after 2 different Traegers over 2 decades and then a Green Mountain Daniel Boone and honestly can say MAK 2* light years better built and better performance wise too.

--- Quote from: urnmor on March 19, 2023, 08:41:34 AM ---The best advice I can give you is what was given to be over 50 years ago.  Buy the best you can afford and is what you want.  If it cost more save until you can afford it as quality stands the test of time.  All I can say this has worked for me over the years.  Good luck on your decision

--- End quote ---
110% agree!  :)

BigDave83:
What cooker did you go with? Or have you not made your final decision?

reubenray:

--- Quote from: glitchy on March 19, 2023, 04:44:25 AM ---Smokin Brothers (dot com) is the most affordable USA made pellet grills I’ve seen. I’ve really never heard anything bad about them. Yoder really has a pretty good reputation too, but the owners are a spin off from an offset company. They are about thick steel smoker that do need regular finish maintenance. If you sand and touch up every couple years, they should last decades. MAK will last a long time without finish maintenance, but is another level up in price.

--- End quote ---

I bought the SmokinBrothers 36PP a year or so ago and I love it.  It took a little learning being the temperatures did not do the lows and highs my previous Traeger and GMG smokers did.  It is well made and smokes great.

okie smokie:
590 hard to beat. Quality, service, simplicity. We have had 3 in our family.  Low maintenance is a good point.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version
Mobile View