Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Mikro on 23 Mar 2023
  • Been a while since I logged in, I finally fixed my issues with the Q450 Firecraft. The controller was all messed up as many have had issues with. It is made by Danson and a Louisiana Grill Controller will work in it's place. I had already purchased a RecTec controller a long time ago before they would not sell one unless you owned a RecTec Grill. That being said I made a new faceplate for the RecTec controller. YOU must go into the settings for it though and change the feed rate to 40 so it thinks the grill is a around 450 sq in. Next is the RTD problem. I made an aluminum mount for a RecTec1250 4" RTD. this is working fantastic and is also now replaceable. I hope after this period of time for others that one can fix and use these again as they were a reasonable grill/smoker. Mine is now destined to go to a friend for his smoking needs as his $$$ are few. :)
    Mike

[ Invalid Attachment ]
     [ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #2 by Canadian John on 23 Mar 2023

•  That's very good info Mike!  Thanks.
  • #3 by Mikro on 23 Mar 2023

•  That's very good info Mike!  Thanks.
    Thanks C J, Long in coming but a work around if nothing else for the most common issues. :)
    MK
  • #4 by 02ebz06 on 23 Mar 2023
  • Nicely done Mike.  Glad to see you back.
  • #5 by Mikro on 29 Apr 2023
  • Nicely done Mike.  Glad to see you back.
    Thank you,
    I am still having health issues, so my time is limited as to what I can do. :)
    MK
Pages:
Actions