Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bentley on 23 Mar 2023
  • You just don't see these prices around here much anymore.  So when I do, I have a friend who just loves BBQ Pork Butt.  So when I can make someone happy for $8, I am gonna try and do it!  A coat of molasses, brown sugar, & S n P!  What floored me, was checking local per pound prices.  We have 3 BBQ places in Mayberry...Shawn's & Uncle Elders is charging $22/lb., & Burnt Ends is Charging $18/lb.  That just shocked me!

I realize most of you all would make yours before you would by it in a BBQ Shop, but do you all know the price per pound around you?  The prices above just seem ludicrous!

• #2 by 02ebz06 on 23 Mar 2023
  • I have one with rub on it in the fridge now to go in the smoker tomorrow night.
    Paid $1.99/lb for it.

• #3 by Bar-B-Lew on 23 Mar 2023
  • Looks great.  I will take a pound of it.
  • #4 by urnmor on 23 Mar 2023
  • Very nice looking bark
  • #5 by ylr on 24 Mar 2023
  • Old Hickory in Owensboro has sliced pork for 16.75, and chopped pork for 10.95.  We don't go there as much as we used to, what used to cost us $25 now is closer to $35!
  • #6 by Osborn Cox on 24 Mar 2023
  • The 2 places in my town are getting $16/lb for pulled pork, and neither is better than  what can be made at home.   BBQ and steaks are 2 things I rarely order in a restaurant, always feel like I could have done better myself. 
  • #7 by Canadian John on 24 Mar 2023
  • The 2 places in my town are getting $16/lb for pulled pork, and neither is better than  what can be made at home.   BBQ and steaks are 2 things I rarely order in a restaurant, always feel like I could have done better myself.
    I am the same way.. Pricing aside, the quality and taste of my home cooked meat is exactly what we enjoy the most. Must be what we are used to.. 

Bent: looks like a winner to me!
Pages:
Actions