Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by 02ebz06 on 24 Mar 2023
  • Didn't really need any or have the room, but  I bought pork butt and a Chuck roast. Both at 1.99/lb.
    Later today, will cut them into chunks (to fit in grinder tube), then vacuum seal them in 1 & 2lb bags for future sausage making.
  • #2 by Osborn Cox on 24 Mar 2023
  • xxxx of a deal for chuck roast!
  • #3 by 02ebz06 on 24 Mar 2023
  • Oops, I was wrong.  The Chuck Roast was 2.86/lb.   Still a good deal. Was 5.99/lb
  • #4 by Canadian John on 24 Mar 2023

•   Looks as if "smoke em while you got em" adage applies here.   Good find Bruce.
  • #5 by Hank D Thoreau on 24 Mar 2023
  • A good chuck roast is great for pulled beef.   8 hours in the smoker is all it takes.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

• #6 by Bentley on 24 Mar 2023
  • If I could get chuck for $2/lb., I would buy 50lbs in a NY Minute!
  • #7 by reubenray on 24 Mar 2023
  • Our freezers got so full I had to restrict myself from the Sam's Club meat department.  We always go around 8 AM and I usually look for their reduced packages while she is shopping. One time I had about 7 packages of meat sitting on the corner of a freezer waiting for her to bring the buggy over.  Several people made comments about how much meat I had.
  • #8 by hughver on 24 Mar 2023
  • My wife no longer lets me go to the grocery store, with or without her. Says that it takes too long and cost too much. And since I can't get my wheelchair out of the car by myself, she has me over a barrel.
  • #9 by Bar-B-Lew on 24 Mar 2023
  • If I could get chuck for $2/lb., I would buy 50lbs in a MY Minute!

Agreed.  Can't believe it costs almost as much as brisket
  • #10 by Bar-B-Lew on 24 Mar 2023
  • I stopped by a meat shop today during my travels.  Spent about $60.  I hope its good.

Hot sausage link #5.49/#
    Jalapeno bologna $8.29#
    Jalapeno hot dogs $6.49/#
    sausage patties $5 or $6/#
    smoked sausage $5.99/#
  • #11 by 02ebz06 on 24 Mar 2023
  • If I could get chuck for $2/lb., I would buy 50lbs in a MY Minute!

Agreed.  Can't believe it costs almost as much as brisket

I can still get Prime Brisket at Costco for $2.99/lb.
  • #12 by Bar-B-Lew on 24 Mar 2023
  •  [ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #13 by Bar-B-Lew on 24 Mar 2023
  • pepper jack bologna

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #14 by BigDave83 on 25 Mar 2023
  • the pepper jack bologna looks good, I am usually not a fan of cheese in the meat, but that doesn't stop me from eating it.

We had a small meat place that used to make jalapeno kielbasi no cheese like all the other places around. He also made patties out of it, they were probably 5" so nice to make one of them and a regular burger patty for your double cheeseburger. It was great stuff, I would stop and grab 3 or 4 pound of it and when I for out to the car just rip a chunk of for a snack.
  • #15 by Bentley on 25 Mar 2023
  • Is the Bologna all beef?  Is it about 6lbs.?
Pages:
Actions