Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by jdmessner on 31 Mar 2023
  • Just came across this article about an attempt to recreate Wolly Mammoth meat. Sounds a little close to Jurassic Park if you ask me! Not sure exactly the best way to grill it!!

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/28/world/mammoth-meatballs-cultured-meat-climate-scn/index.html
  • #2 by Bar-B-Lew on 31 Mar 2023
  • I didn't have the energy or patience to want to read that article, but wanted to say hello as I haven't seen you post for a few weeks.

Hopefully, you got some crazy idea for your next charitable cook.
  • #3 by 02ebz06 on 01 Apr 2023
  • The article does say they were "not for human consumption"
  • #4 by jdmessner on 01 Apr 2023
  • I didn't have the energy or patience to want to read that article, but wanted to say hello as I haven't seen you post for a few weeks.

Hopefully, you got some crazy idea for your next charitable cook.

Good to hear from you Lew. To be honest with you, I only skimmed the article. But I was struck with the idea of being able to splice and recreate DNA to create meat similar to an extinct species like the Wolly Mammoth. I wonder what it would taste like. My guess is it probably tastes like chicken (actually it maybe closer to venison?).

I have not done much in the way of cooking projects since the Super Bowl pizza taco. However, that should change this week. For Maundy Thursday I am tentatively cooking Chicken Shawarma, Lamb Kafka, and a smoked salmon dip. For Easter Sunday going with the now traditional Easter breakfast of a Steak and Egg Wrap with my wife's cinnamon rolls. This is the third year we are doing it, so I guess that makes it a tradition! I am headed to the store this afternoon, so I will see what I end up with before coming up with a final menu. I will post what I come up with on a different thread once I figure it out.

• #5 by Kristin Meredith on 01 Apr 2023
  • I saw a story on this on the news and they said nearly the whole meatball was lamb with "just a tiny bit" of Mammouth recreated "meat".
Pages:
Actions