Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by urnmor on 01 Apr 2023
  • We often have a fox sunning itself in our yard.  He is so use to us he no longer is skittish.  Just allows me to take photos from our deck.
  • #2 by Bentley on 01 Apr 2023
  • Looks healthy, always a good sign!
  • #3 by urnmor on 02 Apr 2023
  • Looks healthy, always a good sign!

We have had more then one ad oe had mange.  As we have not seen it in awhile I believe it went to fox heaven
  • #4 by pmillen on 02 Apr 2023
  • As an upland bird hunter I've walked past many fox dens.  They usually smell bad but youtube is full of videos of housebroken foxes living as pets.  Their reputation for being clever appears to be deserved.
  • #5 by 02ebz06 on 02 Apr 2023
  • Pretty cool!
  • #6 by hughver on 03 Apr 2023
  • We have coyotes in our neighborhood,mostly on the golf courses. They prey on small dogs and other small pets. they try to catch the ducks that visit our lakes but never seem to succeed. Some friends north of us (Cave Creek) have frequent visits from javelinas but none seen here.
  • #7 by Bentley on 03 Apr 2023
  • I guess it would depend on what they forage on, but I bet they would be good eats!

...have frequent visits from javelinas but none seen here.
  • #8 by Brushpopper on 04 Apr 2023
  • I guess it would depend on what they forage on, but I bet they would be good eats!

...have frequent visits from javelinas but none seen here.

They can be rather gamey tasting but make good tamales if I remember correctly from my childhood.  They have a musk gland on their backs that you have to be careful with when skinning them.  You don't want to cut into it. 
Pages:
Actions