Pit Talk -- Comments and Questions Regarding These Pellet Pits > Dansons/Country Smokers...Louisana Grills...Pit Boss

Picked up a new toy

(1/5) > >>

BrandonLutz:
Recently decided to get a vertical cabinet smoker to start taking on the local competitions with me instead of having to lug around my very heavy Grid Iron smoker. After a lot of research, I decided to go with the 7 Series Copperhead from Pit Boss.

Unfortunately, as soon as I ordered it, I came down with Covid, so other than the burn off period, I have yet to test it out cook wise. From what I could tell, during the burn off it held temps really well, so I have good hopes for this unit. Hopefully by this weekend I'm better and I can cook something on it before I drag it off to the next competition I'm in next Friday. I'm thinking a nice Pork Butt will be a good test for it. I'm also pleased at how well it matches my existing Blazn Grill color so it matches well when they are side by side.

Bar-B-Lew:
Do not let it out in the rain.  Unfortunately, I did.  Water got into the pellet dump door and long story short jammed the pellet auger.  I haven't fixed it yet.  It's been about 3 years.

BrandonLutz:

--- Quote from: Bar-B-Lew on April 14, 2023, 04:53:34 PM ---Do not let it out in the rain.  Unfortunately, I did.  Water got into the pellet dump door and long story short jammed the pellet auger.  I haven't fixed it yet.  It's been about 3 years.

--- End quote ---

I have the cover on order for it and it will always be kept under my patio. I'm pretty religious about watching the weather and making sure I cover up the grills to make sure that doesn't happen.

Bentley:
I enjoyed Product testing that unit!  I think it was a tad smaller then yours, but it was a versatile smoker!

yorkdude:

--- Quote from: Bar-B-Lew on April 14, 2023, 04:53:34 PM ---Do not let it out in the rain.  Unfortunately, I did.  Water got into the pellet dump door and long story short jammed the pellet auger.  I haven't fixed it yet.  It's been about 3 years.

--- End quote ---
I did the same thing and it was not fun clearing it. I have had the 5 series for about 5-6 years and love it. Thinking about buying the 7 as we speak. You will enjoy it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View