Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Canadian John on 23 Apr 2023

•  That cook is text book perfect, from the layout of the meat to the seasoning the pit has taken on. 

The photo is one to frame, hang up & admire!
  • #17 by Bentley on 23 Apr 2023
  • You were entered in a Competition and did not do turn ins?

Didn't make the tables this go around...
  • #18 by 02ebz06 on 23 Apr 2023
  • No doubt you will have volunteers to aid in disposing of the leftovers.
  • #19 by BrandonLutz on 24 Apr 2023
  • You were entered in a Competition and did not do turn ins?

Didn't make the tables this go around...

What I meant was that we did not make the final judges tables. Back in November I placed 10th in Brisket and 11th in Chicken. However no love what-so-ever this time around from the judges. But it's a BCA event and they pull people off the street to judge, so you really never know what profile you are cooking for. While I like the laid back style of IBCA and BCA comps, I much rather the judging from Memphis in May or KCBS comps. At least with the latter two, you know the flavor profile you are cooking to and exactly what they are looking for out of your final product.
  • #20 by BrandonLutz on 24 Apr 2023
  • BTW, don't ever let them tell you that you can't get a smoke ring from a pellet moker. 8)

Some cuts off the very end of the flat. It's the only part I remembered to take a photo of as I was pressed for time trying to get everything sliced up and into a box.

• #21 by Bentley on 24 Apr 2023
  • Familiar with ICBA event, been out of the game to long I guess, never heard of BCA!  But if they do a final table like IBCA that makes more sense!
  • #22 by BrandonLutz on 24 Apr 2023
  • Familiar with ICBA event, been out of the game to long I guess, never heard of BCA!  But if they do a final table like IBCA that makes more sense!

Yep BCA started taking over the local IBCA events we have around here. It stands for Barbecue Competitors Alliance. I think it was started by some former IBCA remembers. The cooking rules are exactly the same as IBCA. Same double blind system with the tickets, same presentation rules for the boxes, etc.
Pages:
Actions