Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by rfinley on 15 Apr 2023
  • Bently, Kristin, I think we had diner tonight in your neck of the woods !! 

Quick stop over tonight and the hotel recommended Old House Winery / Brewery.

We had a great time !!  Believe it or not, I had pulled pork. It wasn't too bad !!  The Wine and beer were good to !!

• #2 by Kristin Meredith on 15 Apr 2023
  • You drove right by our house coming in and leaving!  We are the blue/gray house (on the right as you enter) out in the middle of a grain field.  They have done a nice job on the brewery.  Did you get to go into the pub?
  • #3 by Bentley on 15 Apr 2023
  • Shame missed you!
  • #4 by rfinley on 16 Apr 2023
  • Get out, for real ??? 

We didn't get into the pub, the whole venue is well done. Very busy place !!! 
    As a home brewer, I will say they had a nice variety of beer styles. So nice to see styles other than IPA's and Sours.

Bentley, my wife gets a kick when I say you call Culpeper Mayberry. Our village is even smaller !!
  • #5 by Bar-B-Lew on 16 Apr 2023
  • Get out, for real ??? 

We didn't get into the pub, the whole venue is well done. Very busy place !!! 
    As a home brewer, I will say they had a nice variety of beer styles. So nice to see styles other than IPA's and Sours.

Bentley, my wife gets a kick when I say you call Culpeper Mayberry. Our village is even smaller !!

Which suburb of Mayberry do you live in?
  • #6 by Bentley on 16 Apr 2023
  • They have a decent Chef there, and I am not trying to be mean...but be honest, your PP is better?  Also curious, not to get to personal, but did you stay at a chain for lodging or a local place like a B&B?  Just curious why they would recommend Old House, a great place as you now know, but it seems strange!
  • #7 by rfinley on 16 Apr 2023
  • I would think most on this forum makes PP better than at only a few BBQ places on the road but for a pub menu, it was good (Mine is better !!).  It was a chain hotel but the front desk girl was very helpful with suggestions. We are liking our route from the Carolina's coming through Culpeper so this might be an annual stop for us !!     
Pages:
Actions