Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by 02ebz06 on 17 Apr 2023
  • Since wife put a moratorium on meat buying until I get some out of the freezer, I took one out of the freezer Thursday, along with some Country Style Pork Ribs.
    Cut the roast in chunks about 3" thick.

I had bought the Ribeye Roast back when prices were a bit more reasonable.  Ribs were from Costco 3-4 weeks ago.

Didn't take a complete plate picture, but had sautéed mushrooms & onions, with sides of green beans and black-eyed peas.

Put my homemade pork rub on the ribs and Tone's Smokey Seasoning on the roast.
    Was very tasty.
  • #2 by 02ebz06 on 17 Apr 2023
  • I forgot the cooking:   :o

Put both in smoker. at 275.
    Pulled ribs once they reached 165.
    When roast reached IT of 137, I moved it to the gas grill just to put a little char on the outside.
  • #3 by BigDave83 on 17 Apr 2023
  • Nice cook, and now there is room in the freezer for more.

When I get to much stuff that has older dates on when we sealed them, both pork and beef, I just end up digging it all out and then grind it all as one for making burgers or meat loaf, tacos.

The GF likes CS ribs in the instant pot, I will toss them in the smoker for a while  in a pan,then dump it in the IP and cook for 25 minutes. Some mashed taters and she is happy.
  • #4 by 02ebz06 on 17 Apr 2023
  • Ha!  I think I will have to cook quite a bit more before I am allowed to buy more meat.
Pages:
Actions