Pit Talk -- Comments and Questions Regarding These Pellet Pits > Memphis

3yrs 7mnths and Pro is dead

(1/6) > >>

MikeMcQ:
 :'( Went to turn on to smoke some salmon for dinner and no response. Unplugged power, plugged back in and short initial flash, could see 3 lines of code and dark again. Tried multiple times. Left unplugged over night still nogo. Bios just won't initialize, dead controller.

Ok call Memphis support, did not expect to solve the problem and get her running, was not disappointed as expected   ::) remained dead. Ordered replacement contoller $632. Was told in stock and should ship next day.

Next day came and went with no cc charge no email notification of shipping or anything. Called support back and was told shipping was backed up probably go tomorrow. Again tomorrow came with no shipping email and no cc charge.

Called again this afternoon and was told shipping 3 days behind. Nice, $5k smoker grill and can't ship a replacement controller in a timely manner, being paid for no less not a warranty replacement since 7 months out of warranty! Again was told might ship later this afternoon but no holding my breath.  :(

16lb porkbutt 14 hours into cook on my (6 years older) MAK 2 Star.... :clap:

02ebz06:
WOW, that's pricy for the controller.
Is it a Chinese made Pro?
When I purchased the Chinese made Elite. It was DOA.

I had a Pro and an Elite (USA made) with no problems.

MikeMcQ:

--- Quote from: 02ebz06 on April 28, 2023, 04:31:43 PM ---WOW, that's pricy for the controller.
Is it a Chinese made Pro?
When I purchased the Chinese made Elite. It was DOA.

I had a Pro and an Elite (USA made) with no problems.

--- End quote ---

No my Pro is pre outsourcing to China vintage. Agree pricey but only other option is to dump the whole thing!

okie smokie:
Let us know how the repair and results go. Sorry for your problem.

MikeMcQ:

--- Quote from: okie smokie on April 29, 2023, 04:46:02 PM ---Let us know how the repair and results go. Sorry for your problem.

--- End quote ---
Will do. I'd be very irate indeed Memphis still not shipping an in-stock replacement controller in 3 business days, if not for the fact of having a perfectly working decade old MAK 2*. If someone were to ask me which I'd recommend between a MAK or a Memphis take a guess which it would be. ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View