Pit Talk -- Comments and Questions Regarding These Pellet Pits > Memphis

3yrs 7mnths and Pro is dead

<< < (6/6)

02ebz06:

--- Quote from: MikeMcQ on May 09, 2023, 03:54:59 PM ---
Actually, to me makes total sense to start up when you turn it on. It's not like I need to do a setup procedure every time I power on! MAK is same way turn it on and immediately feeding pellets initializing fire up. In fact IIRC every pellet grill I've owned since first Traeger in the 90s started up when turned on. Need to do some extensive programming? Turn it off to stop pellet feed etc. and go for it....

--- End quote ---
I guess we have different views, makes no sense to me to start cook mode before you have even set temp.
I agree that every one I have owned goes straight to cook mode, and bugged me.  Maybe I'm weird. Haha

It would really be simple to set a flag.
If flag is set, cook, useful if you hade a power failure, go right back to cooking on power up.
If not set, do nothing and let person set temp, setup, or whatever.
Clear flag at shutdown.
Easy Peasy...

MikeMcQ:
Pro back up and running. New controller (ITC v2) arrived via FedEx Wednesday 2 weeks after ordering. Memphis had emailed me a link to video to r&r controller. It said needed 3/8" socket or wrench, phillips, and 5.5mm socket. I had 5 & 6mm sockets, checked local hardware store and no 5.5mm. One guy in customer service (Parkrose Hardware not Memphis) who knew what he was talking about told me to try 7/32" SAE very slightly larger than 5.5mm. Yup that's what was needed and much more typical size socket.

Well things started to progress until attemping to disconnect a very stuck on connector from old controller. Couple minutes wiggling rocking pulling hard and it finally jumped off. Unfortunately my left hand flew back a good distance and hit the removed shield edge. Top of hand about 1 1/2 inch deep cut cushing blood. :-[ Normally I'd just pressure bandage up best I could at home but this seemed a bit severe. So had Debi run me to the ER. 3 1/2 hours and 3 stitches later headed back home. Way past dinner so we grabbed a Jersey Mike's hot sub on the way home. Pro work done for the day/evening.

Had other things to do Thursday until afternoon so then went back to it. CAFEFULLY removed remaining cable connections, removed the 4 small 5.5mm nuts with the 7/32" socket, pulled and replaced controller, buttoned her up. Fired right up. Debi wanted dogs for dinner so 4 Nathan's on @ 180f for 1 1/2hour then upped temp to 300f to finish about 20 more minutes. We like them to plump until they just start to split.

Had have a weird wifi anomaly but it's working from my phone app even though at setup doesn't recognize home network. Tried a few things like resetting, then moving router no go. Tried using my phone's hotspot but it didn't show up on the Memphis either. However when I turned off the phone wifi hotspot the Memphis showed up on my phone as a wifi connection! Strange. Didn't attempt to connect just enable my usual home 5g connection. It was after this brought up the Memphis app on my phone and whoa, it's working to monitor and control the Pro! I highly suspect for now the app will only work at home not out and about like it used to since not connecting through my home network. Don't know for sure though, haven't tested at a distance yet.

Canadian John:

FINALLY - good to hear the pit is up & running.

A NOTE ON PULLING CONNECTORS..Hold one connecter in each hand. DO NOT PULL as when the connectors dislodge your hands go flying with great force. Instead, hold the connectors one in each

hand & use your two thumbs pushing aganst each other to separate the connectors. The disconnect is far less violent this way.

02ebz06:
Sorry to hear about the cut,  Hurts thinking about it.
I think you were lucky getting out of ER in only 3-1/2 hours.
Took my wife is a few months ago and after 11 hours they took her in.
Another hour before we got out.
Sure glad I didn't have a finger cut off or something worse.

Bet you're happy to have the Pro running again.

Jon515:
For the money you paid both times, that is terrible.  I have 10 year old GMG and when my igniter went out ($15 bucks ) I had it in 3 days.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version
Mobile View