Pit Talk -- Comments and Questions Regarding These Pellet Pits > Memphis

3yrs 7mnths and Pro is dead

<< < (2/6) > >>

okie smokie:

--- Quote from: MikeMcQ on April 29, 2023, 08:53:59 PM ---
--- Quote from: okie smokie on April 29, 2023, 04:46:02 PM ---Let us know how the repair and results go. Sorry for your problem.

--- End quote ---
Will do. I'd be very irate indeed Memphis still not shipping an in-stock replacement controller in 3 business days, if not for the fact of having a perfectly working decade old MAK 2*. If someone were to ask me which I'd recommend between a MAK or a Memphis take a guess which it would be. ::)

--- End quote ---
My experience with the Beale Street is well documented here. But I thought the pre-China grills had a superior record. A little clue might be that it is almost impossible to find a large number of reviews (of any kind) on their products, in particular favorable. Structurally, except for the BS they are a quality build and the pre-China owners on this site seem very happy with theirs. I thought the service guys were very nice on the few occasions we talked but performance was slo-mo, and satisfaction was absent for me.There was one other observation on my unit, and that was it produced a massive amount of soot on the entire interior, with all three controls that were tried. Hope the new control settles your problem.

pmillen:

--- Quote from: okie smokie on April 29, 2023, 09:15:11 PM ---There was one other observation on my unit, and that was it produced a massive amount of soot on the entire interior, with all three controls that were tried.

--- End quote ---

"Soot" and not ash?

Osborn Cox:

--- Quote from: okie smokie on April 29, 2023, 09:15:11 PM ---
--- Quote from: MikeMcQ on April 29, 2023, 08:53:59 PM ---
--- Quote from: okie smokie on April 29, 2023, 04:46:02 PM ---Let us know how the repair and results go. Sorry for your problem.

--- End quote ---
Will do. I'd be very irate indeed Memphis still not shipping an in-stock replacement controller in 3 business days, if not for the fact of having a perfectly working decade old MAK 2*. If someone were to ask me which I'd recommend between a MAK or a Memphis take a guess which it would be. ::)

--- End quote ---
My experience with the Beale Street is well documented here. But I thought the pre-China grills had a superior record. A little clue might be that it is almost impossible to find a large number of reviews (of any kind) on their products, in particular favorable. Structurally, except for the BS they are a quality build and the pre-China owners on this site seem very happy with theirs. I thought the service guys were very nice on the few occasions we talked but performance was slo-mo, and satisfaction was absent for me.There was one other observation on my unit, and that was it produced a massive amount of soot on the entire interior, with all three controls that were tried. Hope the new control settles your problem.

--- End quote ---

A friend of mine has 5 pellet grills, (3 Traegers, pit boss, and req tec).   The pit boss always leaves a film of soot on food, have tried new controller (smoke daddy) new fire pot, new fan, different pellets, nothing has fixed it.   We can’t figure it out.

okie smokie:
Yes soot. I suspected the design of the fire pot/fan may have something to do with it on BS or the control algorithms? But really don't know. I know that my RT's have never had this problem. I know that some soot will gather is some areas on any grill, but this was obvious after the first or second cooks most obvious on the grates. Wonder if any other Memphis owners have noted this? I notice the new fire pot design on the premium Memphis models have been change. ? Well I no longer have a horse in this race, so will quit here. 

02ebz06:
My Elite would get soot on the inside of the hood.
It would start to flake every now and then, so I would just vacuum it so it wouldn't get on food.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version
Mobile View