Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bentley on 28 Apr 2023
  • So I just get an email from ThermoWorks saying...Your order has shipped and is on its way!  Me, not ordering the above item freaks out and thinks someone has hacked my CC!  So I call them up and they tell me they are simply sending it to me gratis.  1st time a manufacture has sent me anything without me having to grovel for it! 

I leave for California Weds, so will try and do a Product review when I get back!

So Monday I will have this:

Item   Quantity   Description   Options
    TX-1800-CH   1   Smoke X4, Charcoal   Colors: Charcoal
    TX-1002X-NP   1   Pro-Series Needle Probe, Silicone Cable (works only with ThermoWorks Signals, Smoke, ChefAlarm, or DOT)   
    TX-1004X-SP   1   Pro-Series High Temp Straight Penetration Probe, 4.5" (works only with ThermoWorks Signals, Smoke, ChefAlarm or DOT)   
    TX-1015X-N2   1   Pro-Series 2.5" Needle Probe, Stainless Steel Cable (works only with ThermoWorks Signals, Smoke, ChefAlarm, or DOT)

• #2 by 02ebz06 on 28 Apr 2023
  • That's pretty cool.  Never had any company send me anything out of the goodness of their heart.
  • #3 by Hank D Thoreau on 28 Apr 2023
  • I am interested in hearing about it. I think I own half of what Thermoworks makes.

You have done a lot of testing, so you know what is involved.

I think a lot of folks don't appreciate the effort necessary to do a proper evaluation.

Thermoworks has probably read some of your test reports and know you will do a good job.

I would occasionally get archery bows to test from a company in Scotland.

I would run them through mechanical and functional tests and shoot them for a while, producing a report when I was done.

I was involved during development, so I did not disclose the results over the internet, though some folks that tested for them did.

It's somewhat stressful since I always felt the need to deliver value back to the company since they were not looking to get the equipment back.

I also had to work this into my competition training schedule.

• #4 by Brushpopper on 30 Apr 2023
  • I have one of those that I use with their Billows setup on my BK Keg.  I've only gone about 150 yards with the remote and they ain't joking about it being a long range device.  The thermometer on my P&S Maverick died and I don't want to fork over the bucks for another one so I'll be using it there also.  I know Bentley will do a much better review than I would be able to do, so I'm looking forward to it.  And I'm sure I'll learn some new things also.
  • #5 by elenis on 02 May 2023
  • I am interested in hearing about it. I think I own half of what Thermoworks makes.

You have done a lot of testing, so you know what is involved.

I think a lot of folks don't appreciate the effort necessary to do a proper evaluation.

Thermoworks has probably read some of your test reports and know you will do a good job.

I would occasionally get archery bows to test from a company in Scotland.

I would run them through mechanical and functional tests and shoot them for a while, producing a report when I was done.

I was involved during development, so I did not disclose the results over the internet, though some folks that tested for them did.

It's somewhat stressful since I always felt the need to deliver value back to the company since they were not looking to get the equipment back.

I also had to work this into my competition training schedule.

What kind of bows do you shoot? I am a compound bow guy and so is my 9 year old son, but the archery shop we go to has a female instructor that does Olympic style recurve target shooting, and I think she qualified and all for the Olympics and there is another guy there that really enjoys the primitive bow style stuff as well as recurve and compound. They go all over to competitions. I don't have the money for the equipment or the time to practice to do that kind of thing, but it is really cool to see. My son has been taking lessons since he was five and seems to really enjoy it.
  • #6 by Bentley on 17 May 2023
  • Look for this to start after the concrete is done.  I hope within 2 weeks.  Anything you wanna see on it just post!
Pages:
Actions