Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by 02ebz06 on 04 May 2023
  • Well the other thread about backup for pellet grills got me off my butt to make a cabinet for mine.
    In the box with wheels are:
    1 1500W Inverter
    2 AGM type batteries
  • #2 by MikeMcQ on 04 May 2023
  • Sweet!!
    What type of batteries and how do you keep them charged ready to go?
  • #3 by 02ebz06 on 04 May 2023
  • Sweet!!
    What type of batteries and how do you keep them charged ready to go?

Don't recall name, and can't read the side now, but on top it say "X2Power".
    They are AGM (Absorbed Glass Mat) batteries.   Hold a charge longer than normal lead-acid batteries, can be laid on their side, and produce no fumes.
    I believe there being put in new vehicles these.

The Inverter charges them by A/C or you can hook solar to it.
  • #4 by BigDave83 on 04 May 2023
  • The inverter charges them? I did not know they worked like that, I had a small inverter I used in my car a long time ago, it was only maybe 300w though.
  • #5 by 02ebz06 on 04 May 2023
  • The Meanwell Inverter I have does.
    I also have one of those small ones someplace, 400w I think.  It just hooks to the battery, doesn't charge it.

If you can click on the second picture to enlarge it, you can read see what all the LEDs are for.
  • #6 by reubenray on 05 May 2023
  • I have been leaning toward something that is waterproof.  I can't provide a link, but it is called a Fortress Solar Generator by Cutting Edge.  I could put this on my heavy duty wagon to move it around out of the garage when it is needed.  I am thinking I could plug this into a transfer switch at the house panel.
  • #7 by 02ebz06 on 05 May 2023
  • I have been leaning toward something that is waterproof.  I can't provide a link, but it is called a Fortress Solar Generator by Cutting Edge.  I could put this on my heavy duty wagon to move it around out of the garage when it is needed.  I am thinking I could plug this into a transfer switch at the house panel.

I need something like that to add to the 21 panel Solar Panel array on my house.
  • #8 by ScottE on 07 May 2023
  • Nice, that's a great DIY setup!
Pages:
Actions