Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by okie smokie on 19 May 2023
  • Regular $1399. On sale for $1189. And without the cabinet: was $1199, now $1019. Hard to beat those prices for any grill I know of. All stainless, 430 exterior and 304 interior. Don't know how long the sale will last. Just FYI for those looking for a new pit.
  • #2 by okie smokie on 19 May 2023
  • In fact all of their products are on sale.
  • #3 by 02ebz06 on 19 May 2023
  • Has a 40lb hopper and free shipping.  Makes it hard to pass up with free shipping.
    I'm tempted, but wife would kill me since we have a grill on order.
  • #4 by Bar-B-Lew on 19 May 2023
  • Has a 40lb hopper and free shipping.  Makes it hard to pass up with free shipping.

CANCEL.  Okie says RT is better.  I have not used either, but I think the RT looks better and is smaller and easier to get around.
  • #5 by BigDave83 on 20 May 2023

CANCEL.  Okie says RT is better.  I have not used either, but I think the RT looks better and is smaller and easier to get around.

I think that would be a mistake, no experience with Lonestar but have had RT experience, I don't think I would want to go down that path again, but that is just me. Had mine before all the RT hype, now anytime someone has an issue on any of the FB pages the fanboys are quick to shout user error and RT has the best customer service. That is the selling point almost every customer tells you how great the customer service is, I don't believe every customer should know how good or bad it is. Quality is rarely mentioned but customer service is a constant mention.
  • #6 by pmillen on 20 May 2023
  • I don't believe every customer should know how good or bad it [Customer Service] is. Quality is rarely mentioned but customer service is a constant mention.
    [/quote]

An interesting and, from my perspective, correct viewpoint.  A few years ago someone asked me about Cookshack's Customer Service vis-à-vis the PG500.  I replied that I didn't know because I didn't have to contact them in 8 years.
  • #7 by BigDave83 on 20 May 2023
  • I don't believe every customer should know how good or bad it [Customer Service] is. Quality is rarely mentioned but customer service is a constant mention.

An interesting and, from my perspective, correct viewpoint.  A few years ago someone asked me about Cookshack's Customer Service vis-à-vis the PG500.  I replied that I didn't know because I didn't have to contact them in 8 years.
    [/quote]

Only cookshack product I have is probably 20+ years old, one of their electric smokers. Only issue I ever had was the chrome plating wore off the cooking racks after many years of use, SS replacements solved that. 
  • #8 by 02ebz06 on 20 May 2023

That ain't happening.
    I was thinking of getting it for a second grill (which I need like a hole in the head).
    But SWMBO would not allow getting it.

If I hadn't seen the LSG, I would have had to decide between the RT and the Yoder.

I don't think the RT or Yoder hold a candle to the LSG.  My :2cents:

When I get it I will have to see...

• #9 by okie smokie on 22 May 2023
    1070 has 30 lb hopper, 700 has 40 lb.
  • #10 by okie smokie on 22 May 2023

[/quote]
    I agree that more attention to build quality is desirable. I think the reason that many RT owners comment on service is because they are not used to similar experience with other companies whose products they have used. It is kind of a pleasant surprise to have the phone answered by a person, who tries to answer your questions or switches you to an expert on the subject (i.e. WIFI). Try calling GE, or Whirlpool, or Traeger, ATT, or other appliance co.s, and the first thing you get is a recorded message, and choices of numbers to choose, then another recording and finally instructions to leave your number for a return call, which may or may not happen.
    I have not had to call RT service often, but when I did was promptly served with speed, courtesy and accuracy. I think it is important to know that. Today's machines are more technically advanced with PID, WIFI, and other gadgetry. All of which are more subject to malfunction, even if of good quality initially. So a hx of good service is important to me. Of course build quality should also be reported by consumers. But both are important.
Pages:
Actions