Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bentley on 25 May 2023
  • I go to what we call an eaten meetin the 4th Friday of every month.  They will usually have potluck for sides and desserts, and provide the main, usually pizza or fried chicken. A few months back for laughs I said let me know if you ever want me to make some Sausage n Peppers!  They took me up on it for this month, who knew...Sausage n Peppers in Mayberry!  Not really one of my go to's, as I am great at the sausage, but lacking in the Red Sauce department!  Oh well, it is Memorial Day weekend, and if it does not get eaten, I will just blame it on that.  I made a very mild,  Sicilian recipe, but most would know it as a NY Deli style Sweet Italian.  For my taste, just a hint of Anise/Fennel!  Each tray is about 4lbs.  Will see if 10lbs of Peppers/Onions is enough for 20lbs of sausage, and if the crock pots will work there magic!  I will grill the sausage on Pro in the Morning and then add on low to crock pot.  Dinner at 6pm!

• #2 by Bentley on 25 May 2023
  • Debating whether I should cook the sausage in the pans, then add the drippings to the red sauce?  The sausage did not have as much fat as I would have liked, had no trimmings and could not find any in town.  How can you live in a small Virginia town and not be able to by fat trimmings!
  • #3 by Bentley on 25 May 2023
  • If anyone has a sure fired way to Italianize some red sauce I am all ears!
  • #4 by Bar-B-Lew on 25 May 2023
  • I could eat that stuff several days a week.  One of my favorites!
  • #5 by pmillen on 25 May 2023
  • That was a favorite of mine 50 years ago but the restaurant closed because the owner's mother made the sausage at her home and she didn't have a restaurant certified kitchen.
  • #6 by BigDave83 on 25 May 2023
  • I like it in the red sauce, prefer everything grilled and put together with some provolone and some French's Yellow.
  • #7 by Bar-B-Lew on 25 May 2023
  • Since I haven't tried homemade sausage yet, my favorite is usually Johnsonville Hot Italian links
  • #8 by 02ebz06 on 26 May 2023
  • I could eat that stuff several days a week.  One of my favorites!

I'm with you on that!
  • #9 by Bar-B-Lew on 26 May 2023
  • I stopped by an Italian Market in Easton, PA this morning on my way to Newark, NJ to pick up my wife.  I bought some arrabiata red sauces from them to try with some sausage, peppers, and onions.
  • #10 by BigDave83 on 26 May 2023
  • I stopped by an Italian Market in Easton, PA this morning on my way to Newark, NJ to pick up my wife.  I bought some arrabiata red sauces from them to try with some sausage, peppers, and onions.

I get Dellalo Abracadabra sauce from an Italian market near me, I like that on pasta and use it for pizza sauce. Probably work great for peppers and onions.
Pages:
Actions