Here's How I.... > Cook Pork

Canadian style bacon.

<< < (2/3) > >>

02ebz06:
I don't make near that much, just one loin and it is strictly for pizza.

BigDave83:

--- Quote from: hughver on May 27, 2023, 12:27:27 PM ---Did I read this correctly, you cured them vacuum sealed? Whatever you did, they look great. I hope they taste as good as they look.

--- End quote ---

weighed a piece then calculated the cure mix amounts, mixed and rubbed them well, then vac sealed and in the fridge, I would go back and flip them every few days.

The samples I tried while warm were good. The plan is to slice and package tomorrow.

BigDave83:

--- Quote from: 02ebz06 on May 27, 2023, 01:01:48 PM ---I don't make near that much, just one loin and it is strictly for pizza.

--- End quote ---

these will get sliced and packaged, some will go to my plow guy and some to a cousin that had asked when I was making some again a while back, I will put some in the freezer and some in the fridge just for snacking or whatever.

hughver:

--- Quote from: BigDave83 on May 27, 2023, 08:06:10 PM ---

weighed a piece then calculated the cure mix amounts, mixed and rubbed them well, then vac sealed and in the fridge, I would go back and flip them every few days.

--- End quote ---

I assume that you used a chamber vacuum sealer.

BigDave83:

--- Quote from: hughver on May 28, 2023, 10:41:44 AM ---
--- Quote from: BigDave83 on May 27, 2023, 08:06:10 PM ---

--- End quote ---

I assume that you used a chamber vacuum sealer.

--- End quote ---

yes but a regular suction machine or even a good freezer bag would work just as well. There is no liquid in the cure mix, just the 3 ingredients rubbed in to the meat. I would imagine you could even wrap very well with plastic wrap, one would probably have some leakage as it pulls some moisture out of the meat.

I use my chamber sealer for everything that will fit in it. I had to break out the big suction machine for some whole racks of ribs, took me 20 minutes to figure out how to make it work. Getting the setting right. I have a Vacmaster Pro380 suction machine, it rarely gets used, as I don't do that much large stuff, but for the deal I got on it new I had to buy it for such cases.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version
Mobile View