Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bar-B-Lew on 26 May 2023
  • Speaking of Aldi in the potato chip thread.  I bought these cheeses there on same visit.  They are a little dry and hard to peel out of the package in their individual slices without breaking apart.  However, they are really cheap and the cheese melts very well and I like the heat.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

• #2 by Bentley on 27 May 2023
  • Ok, another item to note.  My luck, they will carry neither the cheese nor potato chips in Mayberry Aldi!
  • #3 by 02ebz06 on 27 May 2023
  • Aldi is in 38 states plus DC.
    I'm in one of the other 12.   :(
  • #4 by hughver on 28 May 2023
  • I had never heard of Aldi until I read a post here. They recently opened one a mile down the street. I visited it mostly out of curiosity. I was not impressed, never went back.
  • #5 by 02ebz06 on 28 May 2023
  • We had one near us in Texas.
    What I saw was no name brand products in the place. If you are just trying to get by, that is the place to shop.
    Had to pay a quarter to get a cart, and you got it back when you put it back in the rack.

• #6 by BigDave83 on 28 May 2023
  • We had one near us in Texas.
    What I saw was no name brand products in the place. If you are just trying to get by, that is the place to shop.
    Had to pay a quarter to get a cart, and you got it back when you put it back in the rack.

They carry some name brand stuff now and a lot of in house brands, but I believe they are pretty well made, the Aldi brands I have used I have not had any issue with, like some store brands.

The quarter thing can be a pain especially if you don't have change, around her  most will just pass their cart off to you if you are going in and they are taking theirs back. Nice thing is they are usually not left in the parking lot to be blown or rolled in to your car.

I remember the days of Generic product on the store, plain white packaging with black lettering, some of that stuff was garbage and some was okay.
    We have been going to walmart more, after not going in one for probably 8 years over the last few years i have been going back. Some of their brand stuff is okay and others not worth the cost. I have a Walmart, an Aldi, and  Giant Eagle so limited choices, there is a small market but other than meats and a lot of frozen bags of restaurant type things, the shelves actually have a fair amount of walmart stuff on them.
  • #7 by Hank D Thoreau on 28 May 2023
  • I get most of my beef chucks from Aldi. They come in sealed packages, so they have a long shelf life. For a couple of years, I was doing most of my shopping at Aldi since I was doing drop offs and pickups for a person that worked at the drug store next door. Aldi is responsible for me starting to cook beef chucks, which is my go-to meat for my smoker. They also have excellent thick sliced bacon.

Pages:
Actions