Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by 02ebz06 on 05 Jun 2023
  • Was just at Lowes and this was in the parking lot.
  • #2 by Bar-B-Lew on 05 Jun 2023
  • is that a limo or a hurst?
  • #3 by 02ebz06 on 05 Jun 2023
  • Apparently one like it is for sale in Alabama.
    Some details I forgot; Name on read sides is Majestic Nomad and inside where the rear side windows would be NOMAD.

Here is some info I was given since posting pictures about the car:

1993 Chevrolet Caprice Additional Info:​

Limited edition built by Majestic Coachwork of Garden Grove, CA.
    1993 Chevrolet Caprice “Majestic Nomad” that takes visual cues from a 1957 Chevy Nomad, and tack it onto the 1993 wagon, close off the rear doors, and block-out the rear windows.
    This “Majestic Nomad” is one of only 18 custom kits designed by Tom Taylor, and leaves the running gear as stock as possible, rear 57 fenders and tail lights.
    The interior is also very colorful, with the red and white two-tone seats, and the “Nomad” script lettering along the walls,
    Even the nobs for the climate control and radio are re-worked in red/white plastic.
    Paint by Santini in House of Color Cherry Red,
    American Racing toque thrust D-wheel, Dual sport muffler, Shaved door handle with door poppers, air ride suspension.
    Everything works, cold A/C drive anywhere.
    New tires.
    We are a Illinois dealer and have to collect tax for some states.
    Car is available for inspection M-S 9-5. Please call with any questions

• #4 by pmillen on 05 Jun 2023

I'd say it's neither.  I'd say it's pieced together.  The rear bumper and taillights are '57 Chevrolet.  The tailgate is probably Chevy Nomad.  The rear quarter panels were probably fabricated.  And here's what's troubling me—I can't place the front end, windshield and quarter panels look familiar.  Maybe 1991 Chevrolet Impala.
  • #5 by 02ebz06 on 05 Jun 2023

I'd say it's neither.  I'd say it's pieced together.  The rear bumper and taillights are '57 Chevrolet.  The tailgate is probably Chevy Nomad.  The rear quarter panels were probably fabricated.  And here's what's troubling me—I can't place the front end, windshield and quarter panels look familiar.  Maybe 1991 Chevrolet Impala.

Front is a 1993 Chevy Caprice and it is just a station wagon.
  • #6 by pmillen on 05 Jun 2023
  • Front is a 1993 Chevy Caprice and it is just a station wagon.

Yeah.  I posted B/4 seeing your breakdown.  Thanks for doing that.

Impala and Caprice—same car.  One targeted for the buyer that wanted a sporty car and the other targeted to the buyer wanting more luxury.
  • #7 by Bar-B-Lew on 05 Jun 2023
  • Oh, so it's one of those cars with only one door on each side, and you have to fold the front seat down to crawl in the back like my first car a 1977 Thunderbird
  • #8 by BigDave83 on 05 Jun 2023
  • Different, not a fan of the color but the concept is nice.

Kind of like the Johnny Cash car.
  • #9 by yorkdude on 06 Jun 2023
  • That’s pretty slick if you ask me but also not a huge fan of red.
Pages:
Actions