Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ninja Wood-Fired Grill  (Read 1191 times)

02ebz06

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Rio Rancho, NM
Ninja Wood-Fired Grill
« on: June 12, 2023, 09:54:38 AM »

Anybody look into these ?

I've seen the informercials in the guide but had never watched any.
Early this morning when I turned the TV on it was on that channel, so I watched.

Looks pretty interesting.

It is electric.
They put a lot of emphasis on the smoke flavor, but I have to wonder how much you would actually get from a half cup of pellets.

The Pro version is $100 more and gives you a meat probe (don't think base unit has the capability for one), a cover, a crisper basket, and warranty extended to 3 year.

I think it could be a replacement for a gas grill, assuming you could get by with a lot less cooking area.

I probably could as all I have ever done is steaks and burgers on my gas grill.

Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

jdmessner

• Evart, MI
Re: Ninja Wood-Fired Grill
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2023, 12:23:46 PM »

This was the first I have heard of it. After looking it up, I would be very interested in learning more about it. I mentioned it to my wife, She said she saw on Facebook that a wife had purchased one for her husband. She then quickly added, "It wasn't yours!"
God grant that I may never live to be useless! ― John Wesley

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2023, 12:31:43 PM »

Late at night there many informercials about it on many channels.  At least on Dish satellite.
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

okie smokie

• Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2023, 11:34:11 AM »

Ninja Woodfire had good reviews. I really like my Ninja Pro 7. It does steaks better than my 1070. The Woodfire pellets make smoke only, and do not cook, so a cup of pellets adds more smoke flavor, so they say. Using my1070 for low/slows. Not cooking currently, as I had a stroke last week, with partial left sided weakness. Start PT today. Typing with right hand only.  :'(

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2023, 11:46:20 AM »

Ninja Woodfire had good reviews. I really like my Ninja Pro 7. It does steaks better than my 1070. The Woodfire pellets make smoke only, and do not cook, so a cup of pellets adds more smoke flavor, so they say. Using my1070 for low/slows. Not cooking currently, as I had a stroke last week, with partial left sided weakness. Start PT today. Typing with right hand only.  :'(

Sorry to hear that okie.  I hope you are feeling better quickly.

My best friend had a stroke over Memorial weekend at the age of 53.  Fortunately, his wife was quick to recognize it and get him help.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2023, 12:18:12 PM »

Not cooking currently, as I had a stroke last week, with partial left sided weakness. Start PT today. Typing with right hand only.  :'(

Praying for your speedy recovery, okie.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2023, 02:47:42 PM »

Best wishes for you Okie.

okie smokie

• Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2023, 07:50:41 PM »

Stent was placed, but was releasing micro emboli, so I am on 3 types of anticoagulants for the next 6 months.  Not happy with that, but keeping fingers crossed. Thanks for the good wishes from all.

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2023, 01:42:05 PM »

I have the original pro version.  Ninja has released a larger one since I bought mine.  I cook on it sparingly but did two grocery store provided stuffed chicken breasts on it a few days ago.  Here's my most recent experience–
  • It's listed to be 28 lbs.  I haven't weighed it, but it seems to be the heaviest 28 lbs. you'll ever see.  I thought that I could store it indoors and easily move it outside to use it.  I don't have average upper body strength and had my fifth spinal surgery 2½ weeks prior to then so it sits on the deck.  I have the Ninja fabric cover but I'm looking for a storage tub to set over it for better rain & snow protection.  We were having downpour rain when it was time to prepare dinner, so moved it into the garage.  Carrying it was almost a disaster for the both the Ninja and me.
  • I planned to bake the breasts at 350°F, per the grocery store’s instructions, but also add smoke.
  • I monitored the cook with my two ThermoPro TempSpikes.  The Ninja held to +4-7°F.  I’m happy with that.
  • The grocery store instructions said it would take 45-60 minutes to get to 165°F internal.  It took a half hour.

It isn’t a smoker.  It’s more like an electric grill or oven with the capability to add smoke to the cooking chamber.  It’s akin to my first outdoor wood burning device, my Original Bradley Smoker, or a grill with a box of wood chips adding smoke.

It’s okay.  It adds smoke flavor in the same way that spritzing with diluted liquid smoke might.  And you’ll not see a smoke ring.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

Canadian John

• HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2023, 01:59:38 PM »

That's interesting Paul..  As it usually turns out, nothing quite replicates the original.. It could be the ticket for someone not spoiled by the more true BBQ cooking devices

we have... Reminds me of the electric tabletop BBQ my wife bought several years back. Not exactly like charcoal cooks we were used to @ the time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up