Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: lox/gravlox  (Read 3615 times)

GREG-B

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Washougal WA
Re: lox/gravlox
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2017, 12:10:23 AM »

What did you think of the release of 300,000 Atlantic Salmon off of our coast? I'm hoping our Native American friends get these floating fish pens shut down.

On the west coast, if you see Atlantic salmon it's almost always farm raised and tinted with food coloring to make it look more like Pacific salmon.   It feels somewhat mushy in the packaging.

Only release I heard about was a truck that turned over and released some Atlantic salmon on the highway.   They released some farm raised salmon in the Pacific?   When was this?
If the women don't find ya handsome, they should at least find ya handy.

Bobitis

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Contrary to popular belief, bacon is a vegetable
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2017, 12:15:40 AM »

What did you think of the release of 300,000 Atlantic Salmon off of our coast? I'm hoping our Native American friends get these floating fish pens shut down.

On the west coast, if you see Atlantic salmon it's almost always farm raised and tinted with food coloring to make it look more like Pacific salmon.   It feels somewhat mushy in the packaging.

Only release I heard about was a truck that turned over and released some Atlantic salmon on the highway.   They released some farm raised salmon in the Pacific?   When was this?

http://mynorthwest.com/730702/after-breach-atlantic-salmon-could-crowd-out-native-population/
How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?

riverrat49

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • "If all else Fails call it Burnt Endz" Spokane, WA
    • G-Pa D's BBQ Team
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2017, 12:54:11 AM »

Here is an article:
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/aug/26/washington-state-halts-salmon-farm-permits-after-f/

http://mynorthwest.com/730702/after-breach-atlantic-salmon-could-crowd-out-native-population/
World Food Championship Culinary Team- 2016, 2017, 2018 Taste of America Challenge Champion- 2016/2018 World Food Championship Judge Competition Pitmaster/ Certified BBQ Judge
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up