Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bentley on 21 Jun 2023
  • The cafeteria at my HS used to serve these.  I lived very close to school, so I always went home for lunch.  I have no idea how big they were or exactly what was inside them, but they always sounded so good!

I am using store bough rolls, they are better then anything I can make and no flour on the floor!  I am letting the mix cool, it seems like most of the recipes I have seen, including yorkdude's CB ones a few years back, only use one biscuit.  So will try not to over fill them.  Gonna put cheese in half.  Not traditional, but I like German Calzone!

• #2 by Bentley on 21 Jun 2023
  • Instructions say 13-17 @ 325° so I am gonna try 14.  Tried one with a top and bottom.

• #3 by Bar-B-Lew on 21 Jun 2023
  • those look similar in shape to pierogies
  • #4 by Bentley on 21 Jun 2023
  • Meh... Cheeseburger, less time to make, more flavor!

• #5 by Bar-B-Lew on 21 Jun 2023
  • Any reason you didn't try to deep fry them?
  • #6 by Bentley on 21 Jun 2023
  • Not in the make-up of the dish!
  • #7 by yorkdude on 21 Jun 2023
  • I will have Gwennie make some, not sure what I wrote a while back but those (respectfully submitted) dont look like hers.
    I may have goofed the translation.
    We will document them if you would like, they are really good and “doughy” ish.
    Dang, sorry about that.
  • #8 by Bentley on 21 Jun 2023
  • Yours were Corned Beef in a thread back in 2018.  Your bread looked much better then my rolls!

Corned Beef Bierocks
  • #9 by yorkdude on 21 Jun 2023
  • Stay tuned….kinda going to be busy here at the homestead for 2 weeks but please give them another try.
    More to come.
  • #10 by Bentley on 21 Jun 2023
  • If my comments gave the impression I had used your recipe I apologize.  I was just commenting that it looked like you and a few other I had seen use store bought rolls, and that you had only used 1 for each bierock!  Not sure what all the fuss was by my friends 45 years ago in HS was about!  I can take or leave a Bierock...Now a Mama Mia's deep fried Calzone at Palm & Bullard, get out of my way for one of those!

Pages:
Actions