Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bentley on 06 Jul 2023
  • Maybe it is just me...these are both baby Back Ribs.  The one on the top just seems huge to me.

• #2 by 02ebz06 on 07 Jul 2023
  • It does look bigger, and maybe a bit fatter on left side.
  • #3 by Brushpopper on 07 Jul 2023
  • That's a huge rack of baby backs.
  • #4 by Bar-B-Lew on 07 Jul 2023
  • I can't say I am surprised at the size.  I remember my brother getting ribs that big for his business regularly that were baby back.  I would say he rarely had one's that were as small as the bottom one.  Most of the time they were in the 3# plus category which that top one looks to be in while the bottom looks to be in the 2.0-2.5# range.
  • #5 by David on 08 Jul 2023
  • It came out of a bigger pig
  • #6 by BigDave83 on 08 Jul 2023
  • I have seen size differences when I go to Gordons, a lot of 3ish pound back ribs and mixed in are some that are 2ish.

Did you buy them in a pack of 2 or individually?
  • #7 by urnmor on 08 Jul 2023
  • Sometimes it is the way they are cut and if some of the pork is taken off to use in other products.
  • #8 by Osborn Cox on 09 Jul 2023
  • Sometimes it is the way they are cut and if some of the pork is taken off to use in other products.

I’ve never understood why they don’t leave more meat on the rib bones, seems to just make sense.   Why not sell more meat at ribs price as opposed to the less expensive cuts price?  I prefer them meatier.
  • #9 by hughver on 09 Jul 2023
  • Most of the BBR I buy in this area state "Extra Meaty" on the label, and they are very meaty.
  • #10 by Kristin Meredith on 09 Jul 2023
  • I have seen size differences when I go to Gordons, a lot of 3ish pound back ribs and mixed in are some that are 2ish.

Did you buy them in a pack of 2 or individually?

They were individual racks.  The top was Prairie Fresh and the bottom was just a store variety.
Pages:
Actions