Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What happens when a professional chef wants to learn one of your recipes  (Read 294 times)

Hank D Thoreau

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Civil but disobedient

We have a good friend who is a professional chef. She stays with us fairly often including the last couple of days. I cooked a collection of Bundt pan egg cups so that we could have them for breakfast when she was over.

I had experimented and made a couple with canned Mary Kitchen corned beef hash. They turned out great. She decided that we needed to make more egg cups the next morning.

We started with a trip to the market for ingredients. You can put whatever you like with eggs in these.

We ended up with mushrooms, Anaheim chili, jalapeno chili, orange and yellow bell peppers, kale, sweet onion, chives, two pounds of thick bacon, and sweet pepper and onion chicken sausage. Seasoning was just salt and pepper.

I don't precook the vegetables, but she decided to do it. All the ingredients except the chives were precooked and placed in the Bundt pan. The chives were added on top. Eggs were whipped with a little almond milk and added to the pan, two large eggs per egg cup.

It took the normal 30 minutes. It did not seem to matter that the vegetables were precooked. It came out the same.

She added a relish made of grape tomatoes, feta cheese and some flavor infused olive oil that we got at a olive oil tasting room in Los Olivos (I don't remember which flavor she used).

We used all six slots in our Bundt pan. I had stopped using two of them because they were highly fluted, and the egg cups would break up coming out. We tried it one last time and sure enough, the eggs cups broke up.

The other four were fine. We found a Bundt pan that had all the same shape cups and did not have the highly fluted ones. We will probably pick on up.

Attached are some pictures. I could not get them all together. When I came to remove them after cooling, I noticed that a couple of them were already in the process of being eaten.

I removed the remainder, including the two that broke a part. I have a picture of the broken ones so you can see the inside.

This opened my eyes to additional possibilities, especially with the use of kale (which is more robust than spinach), and mild peppers. As a possible next test, I should try these in the smoker.

[ Invalid Attachment ]   [ Invalid Attachment ]
« Last Edit: July 12, 2023, 01:22:57 AM by Hank D Thoreau »

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry

I have not had a meal yet today and they look very good.  Wish I had a few right now!
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”
Pages: [1]   Go Up